Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How to dial an israeli "800" number from teh US???

amother

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 2:11 pm
I am going out of my mind!
I even pulled my orange phone out of the drawer, and wasted a few dollars trying to dial that way!
I am trying to call the following number:
1-801-700-700

can someone tell me how to dial this from the US?

011 972 801 700 700?
011 972 1 801 700 700
+ 972 1 801 700 700???

nothing works.

there has to be a way!!! thanks in advance

amother

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 2:31 pm
so many views but not a single bit of advice?
please? we are really on a time crunch here and I cant figure out how to dial.
does anyone know a number for "bezeq" 411 (in israel, you dial "144") from the US?
I called sprit and verizon for international directory assistance and that was pointless...
please!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 3:06 pm
maybe you have the wrong number down?

why dont you tell us where you are trying to call and maybe we can help you out?

Liba

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 3:31 pm
have you tried Bezeq's online 411? It works best in Hebrew FWIW. The English won't usually get you far.

http://www.b144.co.il/Default.aspx

On the other matters I have no idea, sorry! I know that it isn't generally possible to call a US 800 number from outside of the US, maybe this is the same type of situation?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 3:37 pm
Liba wrote:
have you tried Bezeq's online 411? It works best in Hebrew FWIW. The English won't usually get you far.

On the other matters I have no idea, sorry! I know that it isn't generally possible to call a US 800 number from outside of the US, maybe this is the same type of situation?
liba, you can most definitely call a 800 number to the USA from Israel but it is not free.

Shuly

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 3:46 pm
AFAIK, you can't do it. My friend needed to speak to an Israeli company after she left the country. She ended up calling my Israeli line and I conferenced her with the company because there was no way for her to dial the 800# directly.

Liba

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 3:47 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Liba wrote:

liba, you can most definitely call a 800 number to the USA from Israel but it is not free.

I have come across messages that it wasn't possible more than once. My understanding was that it depends on the 800 service they purchase.

LOL Wikipedia agrees with me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T.....umber

Quote:
The toll-free numbers can only be called from certain phone numbers, depending upon the preferences of the customer (and sometimes the provider) who has the phone numbers. The default is that these numbers are available from any phone in Canada or the USA. However, many US toll-free numbers cannot be accessed from Canada, and many Canadian toll-free numbers cannot be accessed from the USA. Some are not accessible from pay phones (which the provider passes as an ANI code). Calls from payphones assess the toll free owner an additional fee in the USA as mandated by the FCC. Although toll-free numbers are not accessible internationally, many phone services actually call through the USA, and in this case the toll-free numbers become available. Examples of these services are the MCI Worldphone international calling card and Vonage internet telephone. However, many calling card services charge their own fee when their toll-free numbers are used to make calls, or when their toll-free numbers are used from pay phones.

Unless the rules are different or she has a VOIP phone or calling card that makes it seem like she is in Israel, it may not be possible for her to call an Israeli toll free number.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 3:59 pm
Liba wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Liba wrote:

I have come across messages that it wasn't possible more than once. My understanding was that it depends on the 800 service they purchase.

Quote:
The toll-free numbers can only be called from certain phone numbers, depending upon the preferences of the customer (and sometimes the provider) who has the phone numbers. The default is that these numbers are available from any phone in Canada or the USA. However, many US toll-free numbers cannot be accessed from Canada, and many Canadian toll-free numbers cannot be accessed from the USA. Some are not accessible from pay phones (which the provider passes as an ANI code). Calls from payphones assess the toll free owner an additional fee in the USA as mandated by the FCC. Although toll-free numbers are not accessible internationally, many phone services actually call through the USA, and in this case the toll-free numbers become available. Examples of these services are the MCI Worldphone international calling card and Vonage internet telephone. However, many calling card services charge their own fee when their toll-free numbers are used to make calls, or when their toll-free numbers are used from pay phones.

Unless the rules are different or she has a VOIP phone or calling card that makes it seem like she is in Israel, it may not be possible for her to call an Israeli toll free number.
I dont know but I know that I have definitely called 800 numbers, american ones, from here in israel and the only thing is is that a message comes up telling that it will not be a free call but we will be charged for it.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 4:00 pm
Liba wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Liba wrote:

Quote:

I dont know but I know that I have definitely called 800 numbers, american ones, from here in israel and the only thing is is that a message comes up telling that it will not be a free call but we will be charged for it.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 4:20 pm
hi everyone, it is HOT- the cable company that I am trying to call.

of course I know I can call
001 (or 0121) 800 CALL ATT or GO FEDEX or whatever other UNITED STATES 800 # I want to from Israel.

I want to do the opposite!!!

Argh maybe its impossible

Shuly

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 11:39 pm
amother wrote:
hi everyone, it is HOT- the cable company that I am trying to call.

of course I know I can call
001 (or 0121) 800 CALL ATT or GO FEDEX or whatever other UNITED STATES 800 # I want to from Israel.

I want to do the opposite!!!

Argh maybe its impossible

As I wrote before, I don't think it is possible. You can do what my friend did and call someone else in Israel and ask them to call HOT and conference you. Or you can ask someone in Israel to call HOT and ask them if they have a non-800 phone number.

suomynona

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 12:16 am
Some companies like Bezeq and Meuhedet have a non toll free number especially for this reason. You can check their website to see if they have one.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 12:18 pm
Hi Israeli mothers. thanks for your help.
would any of you volunteer to call HOT (the cable company) and ask them if they have a 02 05 03 0-anything number that I can call from abroad???

I would really appreciate it!!

Liba

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 12:50 pm
077-5254912: only for overseas customer calls -

From their website:

http://www.hot.net.il/HOT.aspx.....ng=he

amother

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 4:34 pm
Liba wrote:
077-5254912: only for overseas customer calls -

From their website:

http://www.hot.net.il/HOT.aspx.....ng=he

thanks liba! you are a total lifesaver! A little strange that on their english phone number site (presumably the place where people who live in america would look first - no?) they specifically dont mention this number! http://www.hot.net.il/HOT.aspx.....ng=he

I will call first thing tomorrow morning (I.e. in a few hours for me Smile)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions