Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chinese main dishes

yo'ma

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 6:52 pm
I decided I want to make a chinese dish once a week. It could be either chicken or meat and it doesn't make a difference which one you give me because they're interchangeable. If your recipe is here already, please just point me in the right direction. I already made the pineapple chicken from here and I made the lemon chicken from spice and spirit. I only want main dishes. Thanks a ton!! One more thing, not too spicy otherwise my kids won't touch it.

sky

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 7:07 pm
Does this work - I'm not sure if it is "chinese" because it is not fried.

Sesame Chicken

mix cornflake crumbs with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
Clean and dry 2 1/2 lbs chicken cutlets.
Cut into nugget sizes.
Dip chicken in egg and then the cornflake crumbs.
Bake in a grease baking pan at 370 for about 25 minutes or until done.

mix:
1 cup duck sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sesame seeds

Pour on top of chicken and reheat until heated through.

Serve.

mamaleh

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 7:14 pm
Do you have a wok?
I often just use whatever veggies I have (fresh or frozen) (onion, zucchini, carrots, snap peas, gr bns, etc). I stir fry them (in wok or big non-stick fry pan). Take out the veggies. Then I brown/ cook the meat/ chicken. take everything out and make a sauce. Our current fav is garlic (fresh minced or frozen), a little soy sauce and orange juice. Thickened with corn starch mixed into water. Add all veggies and meat back into the pan and stir to coat. Serve over rice.

cl1234

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 7:33 pm
This is a great low-fat chinese main. It's a little work, but it's so good! I would also make more rice than the recipe says, and you can modify the red pepper flakes amount to adjust the spiciness. It's from martha stewart.

Lighter General Tsao

1 1/4 cups long-grain brown rice
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 pound snow peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
4 garlic cloves, sliced
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated and peeled
3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
2 large egg whites
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower

Directions

Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold water until smooth. Add snow peas, garlic, ginger, sugar, soy sauce, and red-pepper flakes; toss to combine, and set aside.
In another bowl, whisk together egg whites, remaining 3 tablespoons cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken, and toss to coat.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Lift half the chicken from egg-white mixture (shaking off excess), and add to skillet. Cook, turning occasionally, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining oil and chicken, and set aside (reserve skillet).
Add snow-pea mixture to skillet. Cover; cook until snow peas are tender and sauce has thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet (with any juices); toss to coat. Serve with rice.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 8:49 pm
I have posted SO many of those kinds of recipes here !!!!!

sky

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 11:46 am
cl1234 wrote:
This is a great low-fat chinese main. It's a little work, but it's so good! I would also make more rice than the recipe says, and you can modify the red pepper flakes amount to adjust the spiciness. It's from martha stewart.

Lighter General Tsao

1/4 cup cornstarch
4 garlic cloves, sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 large egg whites

Directions

Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold water until smooth. Add snow peas, garlic, ginger, sugar, soy sauce, and red-pepper flakes; toss to combine, and set aside.
In another bowl, whisk together egg whites, remaining 3 tablespoons cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken, and toss to coat.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Lift half the chicken from egg-white mixture (shaking off excess), and add to skillet. Cook, turning occasionally, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining oil and chicken, and set aside (reserve skillet).
Add snow-pea mixture to skillet. Cover; cook until snow peas are tender and sauce has thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet (with any juices); toss to coat. Serve with rice.

Thanks. I'm going to try this.

cl1234

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 11:53 am
sky wrote:
cl1234 wrote:

Lighter General Tsao

1/4 cup cornstarch
4 garlic cloves, sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 large egg whites

Directions

Thanks. I'm going to try this.

No problem Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey