Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Need a good Meat Recipe that freezes well

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 8:35 pm
I make YT - all of YT.

I made brisket in tomato sauce and froze that, but it's pretty much one of the only beef recipes that I do.

What can I make that freezes well? How do I reheat it? TIA!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 8:43 pm
All roasts freeze well, like your brisket. Slice them, double wrap them, and freeze. Freeze sauce separately. To reheat, defrost both. Then warm up meat slices in the sauce on a low flame or on the plata. Other roast options are veal roast, pickled roast, or other cuts of roast beef. If you need any recipes, just holler.

There's a two toned meat roll recipe in S&S that freezes well.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 8:48 pm
Ra-mom - thanks! I use so many of your recipes. When I post these kinds of threads, I seceretly hope you'll respond Smile

So usually, I freeze the brisket and sauce separately, but this time I froze the meat in the sauce. Will it be ok?

I don't do veal or pickled meat, but can I do a roast that has no sauce? Like a silver tip roast with a rub? Would it get overcooked when reheating it?

I would love something else in a sauce. Any recipes? Ideas? TIA!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 9:02 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Ra-mom - thanks! I use so many of your recipes. When I post these kinds of threads, I seceretly hope you'll respond Smile

So usually, I freeze the brisket and sauce separately, but this time I froze the meat in the sauce. Will it be ok?

I don't do veal or pickled meat, but can I do a roast that has no sauce? Like a silver tip roast with a rub? Would it get overcooked when reheating it?

I would love something else in a sauce. Any recipes? Ideas? TIA!
Thanks Mimisinger!
Your brisket will be fine. The meat slices just stay a bit nicer when you freeze them separately.
If you use a spice rub and have no sauce to reheat the meat in, create a double boiler on YT by placing a disposable pan with a bit of water in it on the blech or plate, and then place another pan with the meat slices into that pan with water. It will heat nicely without burning.
I have another roast beef recipe which you can use with basically any cut of roast. (Personally, I don't like silvertip, and find it dry.)
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....eckle

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 9:19 pm
Oh, btw, I saw the kolichal thread (I bought one a while ago because it was lean and then froze it because I didn't know what to do with it) - you mentioned using kolichal as pulled meat with BBQ?

Anything with a crockpot is preferable. TIA!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 9:21 pm
Hilarious - I wrote my response before seeing yours!

What type of roast would you use? What is it called?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 9:29 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Hilarious - I wrote my response before seeing yours!

What type of roast would you use? What is it called?
Deckle, rib eye roast, top of the rib roast, minute roast...
Mimisinger wrote:
Oh, btw, I saw the kolichal thread (I bought one a while ago because it was lean and then froze it because I didn't know what to do with it) - you mentioned using kolichal as pulled meat with BBQ?

Anything with a crockpot is preferable. TIA!

For pulled meat, see the shredded beef buns recipe here. Double or triple the the recipe, according to how many lbs of meat you have. (You can use any cut.)
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....art=0
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics