Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Hashgacha Pratis Story

stem

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 11:37 pm
Early this winter I decided that I wanted to crochett a baby blanket. I bought a book and taught myself how to do it. It took about two and a half months to finish, it was a beautiful purple pastel on one side and white and mixed pastel colors on the other, with a purple and white border. One of my friends was expecting, and I joked with her that if she has a girl, it could be for her. Finally, I finished the blanket and put it on a high shelf in the closet and forgot about it.

Fast forward three months. This morning, while my daughter was in camp and my son was napping, I was working on the computer and the house was silent. All of a sudden I heard a bang, like something had fallen. So I looked around and finally saw that the package with that blanket had fallen down from that top shelf in the closet for no apparent reason.

I instantly knew that my friend had given birth to a girl, I was so sure of it that instead of putting the package back up on the shelf, I took it and put it near the door so I could bring it to her soon. This was at 12:20 noon.

At 1:10 I got a call from my friend, from the hospital. She said, "You're the first person I called after the immidiate family. I just had a baby girl! Is that blanket still available?"
I almost fainted, it was just so spooky. I went to visit her this evening and brought the blanket with me.

Anyone else have a story of Hashgacha (divine providence) they'd like to share?

baby's mom

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 12:27 am
Wow, what an amazing story Stem, thanks for sharing!

anon

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 1:13 am
I have to say, that IS a good story!

willow

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 4:15 am
neat

queen

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 7:52 am
Stem- wow!

(that was really nice of you to give away something that took so long to make)

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 6:57 pm
Wow!
really amazing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics