Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Milwaukee

amother

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 12:27 pm
My family and I are considering a move; Milwaukee is on the list because it is OOT and somewhat smaller.

Any info about shuls in Milwaukee would be appreciated. We're more MO than anything, BT's. We have 3 preschool age children.

Amother because I don't want to identify myself to my current community yet. Thanks.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 2:11 pm
There is an amazing Chabad preschool in Milwaukee - warm, prefessional, a real jem! After that there is a day school with an excellent secular and Judaic education and lots of individual attention for each child and family.

Good Luck!

SingALong

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 3:29 pm
shul is very nice, welcomes all types. there are 2 sides of town, frum shuls/schools on both sides fo town.
elementary is YES, yeshiva elementary school. there is also a hillel school. there is a high school
I think the shul even has a website, try googling it

amother

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 5:07 pm
Original poster here: I noticed there were floods in Milwaukee this summer. I'm shocked. Does this happen often? And does it involve certain areas and shuls?

yaeli83

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 10:16 pm
I cant say much about the community, as I haven't lived in Milwaukee for many years but I can say that the flooding is not normal at all. You have your typical summer rainstorms, but what happened this summer, all the flooding and the damage, I never heard of that happening before.

People in Milwaukee are very friendly and the community is warm. My sister sends her daughter to the chabad preschool. They are not chabad, but she LOVES the school. In fact, she is not even religious and she raves about it.

the main negitive that I have heard is that the west side is not the safest area to live in.
The other is that there is not much in terms of conveniences, but chicago is really not that far away.

If you are looking at a more MO shul, you can check out anshei kehilas sfard. its more mo but its not on the west side where the main community is, and I am not sure how big it is. Its in glendale

amother

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 8:14 am
OP here: How big is the community on the West side? Small communities are nice but larger ones might have more to offer, especially children. ie- it would be really nice if I could go to shul again if there is programming for little kids.

And how is the kollel?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 11:26 am
I'd say there are about 200 families in the shul, maybe less 150 don't know. There are also a lot of kids. The elementary school on the west side has about 200 kids if that gives you an idea.

Flooding is not normal. It was a freak storm this year, but sometimes basements do back up depending on the house but its an easy fix usually.

There is babysitting in shul on the west side for shabbos, so you could come to shul, many many women do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating