Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Energetic toddler

mommy2

Post Sun, Jan 16 2005, 8:36 pm
My son is almost 2 and lately has become sooooooooooooo hyper and energetic! Anybody have any ideas how to entertain them!?

roza

Post Mon, Jan 17 2005, 12:39 am
how about washing plastic dishes, 'sorting' carrots and potatos, show him how to make structures with plain wooden blocks? take him to playgrounds daily (outdoor or indoor)

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Jan 17 2005, 10:22 am
mommy2 - is there a baby around? he might be venting out in this way

curlyhead

Post Tue, Jan 18 2005, 12:00 am
I find with my toddler the more attention I give him the better behaved he is.
they need stimulation which is challanging for us buzy mothers. my son loves drawing outside with chalk. water play now that it is summer here. hide and seek, I am always taking my son to teh park. I also brought wooden craft sticks that he lieks gluing down on paper but all these activities need parental supervision. I tryed playdough but he is too young- he eats it.

hisorerus

Post Tue, Jan 18 2005, 2:48 am
Bubble chasing! Blow bubbles and have him try to pop them before they hit the ground.

A balloon can usually also provide hours of entertainment! If he's not going for it himself, start playing with it and he'll want to also.

Make an obstacle course in the living room- throw down some cardboard boxes, pillows, and a chair or two, and watch him enjoy your mini-playground. (It's not too hard to clean up either, much easier than a box of blocks!)

You can also turn on lively music and dance together.

If you're really desperate for some quiet time, there are some baby computer games that allow the child to press all of the buttons without destroying anything. There are many free for Mac, for Windows you can try http://www.versiontracker.com/.....4685.

sarahd

Post Tue, Jan 18 2005, 3:45 am
Be careful with balloons - deflated balloons can be a choking hazard, r"l, and should be used under close supervision only.

mommy2

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 8:01 pm
I need more ideas, those ideas are mostly for outdoors, Im in Montreal and its too cold to go out. ps theres no babies around. I dont have to make obstacle courses he does them himself. He spilled out all the drawers of his dresser today. While I was cleaning and reorganizing he spilled water all over the bathroom!!!!!!!!! Hes loads of fun but I cant keep up!

gryp

Post Mon, Jan 31 2005, 3:02 pm
here are some things Mendel likes to do indoors:
1)look out the window at passing people and cars
2)sing songs with motions
3)daven from a siddur- takes his blanket as a talis, kisses it, throws it around his shoulders and starts chanting. covers his eyes for shema, makes a fist and bangs his chest for tachanun, points to the letters and tries to say them....
4)play follow the leader with motions- start a motion and he copies you, then switch to other ones. he'll get the hang of what hes supposed to do when he finds a motion he really likes doing.
5)play choo-choo train- he holds onto the back of your skirt and runs with you around the house, or you hold onto his shoulders
6)of course peekaboo, hideandseek, and tag! those are absolute favorites!
7)let him jump on the beds while you try and make them. it takes more time, but so much fun....

the rest of the time is taken up by toys, books, tapes, a video, eating, and sleeping,...

Rivk

Post Tue, Feb 01 2005, 9:31 pm
My two year old loves to cook and bake with me. I let him pour in ingredients, mix, whatever. And then when we eat the food and I announce that he helped me he is so proud!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics