Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Binah Magazine/ Leah Kotkes

married21

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 1:12 pm
Does anyone know if Leah Kotkes is still the features editor is the Binah magazine?
I noticed that her name disappeared from the front flap of the magazine…

I also noticed that in last’s week issue she wrote an article in the Mishpacha’s “Family First” (I haven’t seen her name in the Mishpacha since she stopped writing the column “Daughters of the King”)

Did she leave the Binah and re-join the Mishpacha?

shalhevet

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 1:21 pm
I googled a bit and found this on her website:
Quote:

Since April this year, I have not worked for Binah Magazine – which I joined in June 2006 as features editor and features writer. Although I loved my work for the Binah reader, I felt it was time to close this chapter as I had more pressing goals in mind for my writing. As we mature in life, our priorities change and our needs change. My need right now is to be a more attentive mother to my four boys, aged 5, 7, 10, and 11; traveling so much the last three years—for the sake of parnassah, as my husband was in full-time learning at the time—took a strain on me and my feelings for my family. Often I would go away every three months for two or three weeks at a time, to support the writing of my features, to conduct interviews, to do research for articles, as well as to host writing workshops and talks. While all this was fantastic for my professional career and great for the reader, and while it did bring in parnassah for my family, it did not allow me to give 100% of my time to my precious children. Now I feel it is their time.

http://leahkotkes.com/2010/07/

married21

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 1:32 pm
That was fast-
Thank you! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room