Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
May be moving!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 2:43 pm
OK - craziness occurring ...

I live in E"Y and might be moving to Lakewood after Sukkos. I am having a baby in a few months as well B"H and moving now makes more sense rather than moving Pesach time, etc.

Any advice on which areas in Lakewood are appropriate for newlyweds? Frum, but not toooo yeshivish ...

Thanks!

JC

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 3:12 pm
I know nothing about Lakewood so cant help you on that sorry. But reading you post the first thing that screamed out to me was how will you be handling health insurance since you will be needing major medical care B'EH when you deliver?

Just something to make sure you have covered when you arrive - with all the thing you have to prepare and pack I know it can be overwhelming, just dont let that one thing get forgotten in the hectic plans you are making Smile

imato5

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 3:12 pm
I live in Lakewood. What exactly do you want to know?

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 3:14 pm
From my limited knowledge of the Lakewood community, I think that it's safe to say that you will find young couples with small children anywhere.

ditto on the health insurance thing. don't forget that a pregnancy is often considered a "pre-existing condition" and it may be harder for you to start a new policy.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 3:15 pm
Thank you! But B''H everything is taken care of - insurance, doctors, money for all living expenses ...

I would like to know some nice areas where newlyweds are going these days ...

-OP

imato5

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 5:29 pm
There are a ton of developments, that have town houses and a lot of newlyweds rent out the basements. The masa u matan publication has a huge list of rentable places. Lakewood has become huge, so there are places all over. Westgate, regency, presidental estates, sterling forest, are just a few of the developments. The south side of the lake is prob. where you would want to be.
good luck

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 7:02 pm
imato5 wrote:
There are a ton of developments, that have town houses and a lot of newlyweds rent out the basements. The masa u matan publication has a huge list of rentable places. Lakewood has become huge, so there are places all over. Westgate, regency, presidental estates, sterling forest, are just a few of the developments. The south side of the lake is prob. where you would want to be.
good luck

You mean the basements are rented to newlyweds, right?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 9:10 pm
OP you probably qualify for americhoice and all the ob's in Lakewood take it and pregnancy is a priority so they get on first. Are you yeshivish, heimish, chasidish, in kollel, not in kollel? How can we tell you where to live if you don't describe yourself?

amother

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 5:22 pm
Thanks, but I'm looking for specific areas you would recommend. I'm heimish/ yeshivish originally from Brooklyn. Extremely open-minded for a Brooklyn-ite, but most people assume otherwise as I come from a wealthy family and look the part.

Once again, not looking for insurance info.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating