Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Need mushroom leek soup from mishpacha or bina

Sichee

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 8:35 am
Last yr the mishpacha or Bina had an amazing mushroom leek soup recipe which I misplaced. If anyone has it can you please post it?

caringarden

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 11:23 am
Is this it?

Mushroom Leek Soup (from Binah Supplement)
Ingredients:
Cooking oil
1/4 C Shallots
10 oz white mushrooms
10 oz portabello mushrooms
2 stalks celery
2 leeks (white part only)
1/2 C flour
5 C chicken broth (I used water and chicken soup mix)
salt
dash of white pepper
3/4 C non dairy creamer (I used soy milk)
1 tsp lemon juice

Directions:
1)Dice shallots, mushrooms, celery and leek into small pieces
2)In a 4 quart pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute shallots, mushrooms, celery and leek until soft. Add flour and continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add in broth and spices. Cook for 45 minutes.
3) Remove approximately 1/3 of the soup and puree in blender. (If using stick blender, insert into pot and puree a bit of soup. Add creamer and lmeon juice. Garnish with slices of raw mushroom.

Note; This soup freezes well. To reheat warm on medium heat.

Sichee

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 11:41 am
Thanks a million I've been searching for this for over a yr thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!!

soulful music

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 11:52 am
Does anyone have the recipe of the vegetable barley soup, it was in either the bina or mishpacha a couple of weeks ago. I know that it's made with flanken. I can't find it and I'd love to make it.

bashinda

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 9:32 pm
just want to bump up. I'm making this for Tishrei to have as an alternative to chicken soup (even if it's made with the remains of my chicken soup!) and perhaps other people might also be interested in making for Tishrei.

It's extremely yummy. Since I peel the mushrooms and get rid of the stems I put in 2 8oz containers of regular mushrooms and 1 container of baby bellas and I didn't have shallots so I used a small onion instead. I also skipped the soy milk. I think I'm going to make another batch and a butternut squash soup from the same supplement.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 10:06 pm
bashinda wrote:
just want to bump up. I'm making this for Tishrei to have as an alternative to chicken soup (even if it's made with the remains of my chicken soup!) and perhaps other people might also be interested in making for Tishrei.

It's extremely yummy. Since I peel the mushrooms and get rid of the stems I put in 2 8oz containers of regular mushrooms and 1 container of baby bellas and I didn't have shallots so I used a small onion instead. I also skipped the soy milk. I think I'm going to make another batch and a butternut squash soup from the same supplement.
Since this is a cream soup thickened with flour, I'm wondering if this freezes well? It looks delicious.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 10:06 pm
bashinda wrote:

Since this is a cream soup thickened with flour, I'm wondering if this freezes well? It looks delicious.

bashinda

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 10:21 pm
I guess I'll find out... The recipe says it freezes well. What

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 10:24 pm
bashinda wrote:
I guess I'll find out... The recipe says it freezes well. What
Thanks bashinda! I didn't see that part. Smile

bashinda

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 9:01 pm
Just to follow up: it does in fact freeze well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics