Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Do you know anything about these Queens/Long Island schools?

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Oct 02 2010, 11:53 pm
Tiferes Moshe
Yeshiva Ketana
Yeshiva of South Shore
Har Torah

We're looking for a frum school separate school for boys but we don't want school on Sunday/until 5pm for a 5 yo.

TIA!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 8:43 am
Har Torah is co-ed. I don't know that much about the rest.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 10:55 am
har torah has separate classes 5th grade and above, but is definitely more to the left than the other schools you mentioned. the rabbeim are or hachaim type but the kids are mo

granolamom

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 9:27 pm
I send my boys to Yeshiva of South Shore (grades 4.2 and Nursery). Sunday school doesnt start until first grade and its 9-12.
what I love most about YOSS is the warmth and that they really try to reach each child.
If you have specific questions, ask away. we're very happy there, if they had a girls division, my girls would be there too. in a heartbeat.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 9:32 pm
I don't know anything about Har torah (other than it beingmuch more to the left than the other 3 schools), but YOSS, YK and TM all have school on Sundays starting in 1st grade (age 6) and all go to at least 4:00 pm (again, starting in 1st grade).

granolamom

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 10:30 pm
just to clarify my post, I misunderstood the OP

YOSS hrs are 9-12 on sundays for grades 1 and up
preschool has no sunday school, the preschool day is 9-2 or 3 (you choose)
grades 1-4 monday-thurs its 9-4
5th graders start going at 8 for daavening.
I *believe* Yeshiva Ketana has similar hours only they start earlier for elementary school (M-Th, sunday its the same hrs).

amother

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 10:39 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know anything about Har torah (other than it beingmuch more to the left than the other 3 schools), but YOSS, YK and TM all have school on Sundays starting in 1st grade (age 6) and all go to at least 4:00 pm (again, starting in 1st grade).

I'm this amother. Just to clarify, the "until at least 4:00" part is for only Mondays to Thursdays. Sundays all let out between 12:00-1:00.

tovasara

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 3:17 am
There is Yeshiva Ketana of Queens and Yeshiva Ketana of Long Island. I'm mentioning this so you can check each one out separately.
Speaking from experience, do your homework thoroughly before choosing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics