Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What do you use for laundry/to carry laundry?

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Oct 02 2010, 9:07 pm
We keep going through lots of different laundry baskets - they break, they're hard to carry. I need to get something that's easy to store and carry down from upstairs to the basement. So, what do you use? LInks are helpful Smile

Also, bags are easy to carry, but a mess to put your laundry in, it's hard enough to get everyone to put their laundry in a basket (it's usually stored on the floor, near/around the basket). If they had to bend down and open it up, it would never happen.

Liba

Post Sat, Oct 02 2010, 9:11 pm
The only baskets that we found to last well were the Rubbermaid ones. The ones like this http://www.rubbermaid.com/Cate.....91359 are easier to carry and I have had some of them well over a decade.

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Oct 02 2010, 9:27 pm
Thanks, we have some plastic baskets like that, I just find them really hard to lug down two flights of stairs and to put dirty laundry in, it's a mess.

avimom

Post Sat, Oct 02 2010, 11:08 pm
I have a laundry basket that's sort of a wooden frame that holds a bag. When full, you can detach the bag, cinch it closed easily, and carry it to the machine... Sorry no link...

Grandmama

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 2:15 am
Storables.com has a laundry basket in assorted colors with two handles similar to what I use.
I have used this type of basket for years, keeping one in each room and carrying them down when needed. The handles could break or tear, but that happens after many, many years.

pinkbubbles

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 3:32 am
I like the collapsible meshy with handles kind for throwing down the stairs with dirty laundry and plastic square ones for carrying up the stairs with clean folded things.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 4:48 am
A tall rectangular plastic bin. We really need two. The kids break them by playing in them. My laundry gets done on the main floor, where most of the bedrooms are.

realeez

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 12:27 pm
I just got from Wal-Mart a laundry hamper that has a mesh insert with handles that is easily removed and is great to carry the laundry downstairs with. (Plus the best part is that even if the mesh part is forgotten downstairs, there's still a hamper upstairs!)

ihyphenated

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 1:01 am
I use those big blue ikea bags. they perfectly fit (when stuffed full) into one laundry/dryer load and are not too heavy to shlep down to the basement.

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 1:04 am
I use a small sturdy basket. box shape not rectangle. that way its easy to carry and doesnt break. got it at walmart
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry