Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Number of US visas to Saudis doubles

gryp

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 9:01 pm
Quote:
For the first time since the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, the US State Department has begun to sharply increase the number of entry visas granted to Saudi Arabian nationals seeking to visit the United States, The Jerusalem Post has learned.

Figures obtained by the Post reveal that after three years of steady decline, 2005 saw the number of US visas issued to Saudis remain relatively stable, while this year the number has more than doubled.

In an e-mail to the Post, Amanda D. Rogers-Harper, a spokeswoman for the US State Department, confirmed that as of June 10, a total of 18,683 non-immigrant US visas had been issued to Saudi citizens since the start of the current fiscal year.

"This," she noted, "is twice as many as the 9,338 issuances to Saudis" in the corresponding period last year, marking an increase of over 100 percent in just the past 12 months.

(scroll down to read the feedback comments at the end)
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/S.....wFull

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 9:13 pm
I read statistics for Toronto - that in 20 years the population of "white" people (caucasian or of european descent) will go up by 2% - while all the different sects of muslims, arabs, ethnics from far east (pakistanis, indians etc) - other "multicultural" populations will go up by 40%.

carrot

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 9:40 pm
which populations are going down to make room for all those increases?

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 10:08 pm
carrot wrote:
which populations are going down to make room for all those increases?

the "regular" "white" population - they have 1.3 children each right?
Well the muslim birth rate is sky high.
Even the Jewish birth rate can't keep up (it's actually really low what with all the intermarriage)

carrot

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 10:10 pm
but the white is going UP 2%? so they are actually gaining ground, proportionately?

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Jun 30 2006, 10:03 am
Yea but if they keep increasing by those amounts -while the other ethnicities are almost doubling, then it will only be a matter of time before the latter become the majority.

carrot

Post Fri, Jun 30 2006, 2:13 pm
OK I just figured this out before I came online. (Yeah it's been keeping me busy all night!LOL )

The percentages are relative to what they were before, not relative to the total!

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Jun 30 2006, 3:32 pm
carrot wrote:
OK I just figured this out before I came online. (Yeah it's been keeping me busy all night!LOL )

The percentages are relative to what they were before, not relative to the total!

yup!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics