Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Coming Iy"h in 2 weeks - planning a meet, maybe?

hadasa

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 3:53 am
I'm coming to E"Y in two weeks IY"H, this time for good news, B"H! I'm thinking I'd like to meet some of the Israeli imamothers whom I've gotten to know virtually over the years. Travelling will be a bit hard, but I might be ready to make the effort. Obviously, before birth will be easier than after, unless it's in the Bet Hachlamah, LOL.
So, since I'm not in the Israel forum, could you let me know if anything's planned?

Liba

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 3:56 am
Where are you staying?

Are you making aliya or just coming to give birth and returning?

Marion

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 4:05 am
You're planning to be in the mercaz, right? Which beit hachlama? (And if it's a boy, who's taking care of the bris for you? Is DH joining you? Or will you cut your trip short?)

hadasa

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 4:13 am
I'll be in Kfar Chabad most of the time, but I'll probably come into Y-m once or twice.

I'm coming just for the birth.

hadasa

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 4:18 am
I'm bringing the whole family (except for the Yeshivah Bochurim and my daughter who's in EY anyway), giving the kids a chance to experience a "real" Cheider. I usually go to Eim Vayeled, Bnei Brak.

Zus

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 4:41 am
Sounds nice Smile

Liba

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 7:39 am
Bnei Brak is only one bus ride for me, a long one but just one. I would consider traveling to Bnei Brak if that worked out for others.

shosh

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 7:51 am
I could only meet you in Y-m. So keep us posted if that's possible. If not, then I guess another time ...

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 9:07 am
I'm in Bnei Brak once a week in the afternoons anyway!

mommyofnineka

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 9:31 am
if it was in the am any day except mon or tues, I would be open to hopping on the bus with Liba and coming to meet you.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 10:14 am
I would love to meet you but my schedule is very tight. I might be able to make it to Bnei Brak but, as usual, I have to wait and see when you guys plan the meet and then I'll see if I can make it! I actually made it to the last meet with Bubby, which was lovely.

hadasa

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 3:22 am
I'm glad to see so many positive responses, but the truth is, it's hard for me to predict now when and to what exactly I'd be able to commit myself. My husband is going to NY for about ten days just a few days after we arrive in EY, so with me in my ninth month in an unfamiliar rented apartment with the kids on new schedules, etc. I might just feel too overwhelmed to go anywhere.
I was thinking more in terms of, "let me know if there's anything planned anyway and I'll see if I can make it", and not about arranging something especially for me.

grin

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 4:35 pm
where is the apt located? maybe there's a playground nearby where a meet can be planned? (did you really think the Israeli contingent met on a regular basis?!)

hadasa

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 10:04 pm
grin wrote:
where is the apt located? maybe there's a playground nearby where a meet can be planned? (did you really think the Israeli contingent met on a regular basis?!)

No, I didn't really think so, but I thought just in case... And I definitely wouldn't expect anyone to shlep out to Kfar Chabad. In any case, I see it's better to wait and see how I actually get settled and then maybe try to arrange something.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions