Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Does the Lucille you go to have men?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 7:22 pm
I just joined a fairly new Lucille Roberts only to come to class and find that the instructor is a male! I complained and they told me that it would be illegal for them not to hire men.
I wanted to know if this is the case elsewhere in a suppoosedly ALL WOMENS GYM. Also, any lawyer Imamothers, is there truth to this claim?

Anon cuz you other Sunday morning zumba ladies will figure out my SN.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 7:38 pm
yeah, they all have male instructors. That's why I am fully tznius when there, unfortunately, I can't say the same for 90% of the frum women there.

Maya

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 7:40 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
yeah, they all have male instructors. That's why I am fully tznius when there, unfortunately, I can't say the same for 90% of the frum women there.

Same here.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 7:46 pm
yep, they do have male instructors. (I dont go, I just keep reading those names on facebook by others who go.)

amother

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 7:53 pm
This is why I go to Curves, all female, all the time. And zumba is coming to Curves this December!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 10:06 pm
Lucille Roberts in Monsey is women instructors only, thank God

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 10:55 am
Amother, ask your rov. A male instructor or trainer can be considered like a doctor. Also, the instructors are not Jewish and there is no din to be tsnius in front of a non Jew (man).

At any rate, they have male plumbers and other (male) personnel coming and going, and you can't control that. A gym isn't really private. You see that anyone can come in, right ?

Did you know that Lucille has some male members too? Not a lot, and not consistent one, but a number of years ago a few men got permisison to join, and they got their own bathrooms and locker rooms built in some of the branches. For example, Wall Street used to have a pool and sauna, now it's for the lone man who shows up once in 8 mos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise