Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Who would I use to divide my sink?

c.c.cookie

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 12:18 pm
The apartment I live in used to have only one sink. The previous owners divided the sink into two, but there is very little space between them, and they still share a faucet. I feel like I'm compromising on the kashrus standards, and want to put up a divider bet. the two sinks, and put in two separate faucets. I have no idea where to start - I'm completely clueless, never did renovations. Who do I turn to? I need general guidelines (as in, speak to a plumber etc.) and would also welcome specific ideas for who to use in Yerushalayim. TIA

jflower

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 3:59 pm
How about buying plastic boards or trays to cover the sink not in use? You can use the plastic trays that come with dish drainers.

When I used the fleishig sink, I covered the milchig sink with its cover, so that the water didn't shpritz in. Vice versa when I used the milchig sink. This worked well for me.

Good luck.

chatz

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 6:40 pm
I know someone with a sink similar to yours and she also uses a thick plastic piece to cover the sink that's not being used.

newlymarried

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 6:42 pm
Ii think that if they share the same pipes, then sometimes the bubbles can come up the drain of one sink when you are washing dishes in the other sink, and then halachically they are considered like one sink. I don't think tat separate faucets would make much of a difference. You can choose to keep the sink either meat or milk, an use a basin for the other. (I keep mine "treif" and use basins for meat, milk and parev, I find it easier that way)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen