Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
In E"Y working US hours

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Nov 09 2010, 4:13 pm
I just started working again after having my second child & not sure how to get my hours in! Before, I was able to send dc to a bbsitter or work when she was sleeping but my infant doesn't have a schedule yet. I'm calling the Us so I can't start before like 4/5 but that's when dd is home & awake. dh comes home @ around 7 & leaves @ 8:30/9ish so I can start working then if my baby allows. How can I get @ least 2 1/2 hours in each night (15 hrs/week) w/o staying up soooo late? Should I pull a couple really late nights & rack up the hrs & take a nap in the morn? Is that healthy? How do others do it? (& there are plenty of you doing Pyramids, Matrix & the like!)

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Nov 09 2010, 4:17 pm
o gosh...this is why I dont think working for these companies is a great idea. ur schedule is messed up and u cant participate in any events that are at night cuz ur still working. but look who's talking...I need a job Smile
sorry no advice but now I kno I can call you this late Tongue Out

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Nov 09 2010, 10:20 pm
anyone else???

bnm

Post Tue, Nov 09 2010, 10:39 pm
my friend works for a US office, NY time. she had been working in NY and they let her keep her job when she moved. I know she had a babysitter for her son till he went to sleep and that some days she worked till 1 am there. I would ask her for more info but she is currently in the US and just had her second child. once she gets back online I can ask her more detailed info on how she does it.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 12:49 am
My advice is to start looking for a new job for the long term!

When you have one baby, it doesn't make much difference if they are babysat 8-2pm or 8-2am. However, once children are in gan, and all the more so as they get older, they need their mummy in the afternoons and evening. Some people can manage staying up very late after the children are asleep and working them, but if not, maybe this isn't for you.

miriamg

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 1:27 am
I think that it gets easier once the baby is a little older and is on a regular sleep schedule. I've been working from 7:30-10 in the evenings since my younger one was 9 months, and I found that it works out pretty well. Supper starts between 5:30 and 6, then comes baths at about 6:30 and the kids are in bed at about 7.

Until the infant is on a real schedule and going to sleep between 6-7 pm, can you put him in a swing in the evening to rock him to sleep, and work from, say 8-10:30 (starting so late because of your husband's schedule)? That's not terribly late.

Also, is your older child in gan? If not, I don't think that it would be a problem to get a high school girl to take her/him to the park for an hour or two in the afternoons from 4-5/6, and get a head start then. When they come in, you can server supper, give baths, and bedtime. Even if your child is in gan, I don't see it as an issue to get a girl to take the older child (and younger one, if she can manage) once or twice a week to help you catch up on your work hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers