Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What is your favorite wine?
Previous  1  2

shlomitsmum

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 11:11 am
greenfire wrote:
bartenura - moscato d'asti Drunken Smile

this is my fave too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brooklyn

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 11:19 am
I also like jeunnesse, Moscata is also good. I like the light ones, but I am not much of a wine drinker.

chmom

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 11:47 am
Koenig Gewuerztraminer from the Alsace region. Delicious!

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 2:49 pm
Anything dry and red. Now I sound like a lush. I'm not one for sweet alchohol in general.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 4:02 pm
For red, there's a very nice and reasonably priced Rioja from Spain. (You can get them even via Tesco). I'm into this for quite a while. Actually these days I think Israeli dry red is excellent (there's a great one called The Cave, also Yativ) often better than French wine. Having said that, I've enjoyed marvelous deep and complex wine from Bordeaux chateaux (Llande de Pomerol is really special).

For white, Pouilly-Fume or Sauvignon Blanc. Not a fan of chablis or white zin (oh so 80s).

I have nothing against sweet wine, actually like dessert wine or chilled muscato on hot summer day, but they don't go together with a meal.

saraleah2010

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 9:58 pm
I love yarden wines.

there is a California (Napa) winery called Hagafen that has decent wines.

When I go to my in-laws, they order fun and fancy stuff from france!! yum, tasting adventures, poilly fuisse! (that is definitely spelled wrong)

some of the NICE french champagnes (famous for their non-kosher) also have a kosher version that gets imported in under the OU/P standard.

Generally, I like the fine wines. Don't like anything sweet and stay away from mevushal.

saraleah2010

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 10:11 pm
I love yarden wines.

When I go to my in-laws, they order fun and fancy stuff from france!! yum, tasting adventures, poilly fuisse! (that is definitely spelled wrong)

some of the NICE french champagnes (famous for their non-kosher) also have a kosher version that gets imported in under the OU/P standard.

Generally, I like the fine wines. Don't like anything sweet and stay away from mevushal.

Shkoyach

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 5:57 pm
Baron Herzog - Jeunesse Cabernet Sauvignon - YUM!!!

Rashi Claret - $10 and the best wine ever!! I used to get embarrassed that I loveeeee such a cheap wine, but its so good, whenever anyone tries it, they fall in love!

MrsDash

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 6:05 pm
White Zinfandel & High Quality Champagne

I'll take either one of those drinks over a beer or cocktail any day.

jewels

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 6:43 pm
Mrs Bissli wrote:
For red, there's a very nice and reasonably priced Rioja from Spain. (You can get them even via Tesco). I'm into this for quite a while. Actually these days I think Israeli dry red is excellent (there's a great one called The Cave, also Yativ) often better than French wine. Having said that, I've enjoyed marvelous deep and complex wine from Bordeaux chateaux (Llande de Pomerol is really special).

For white, Pouilly-Fume or Sauvignon Blanc. Not a fan of chablis or white zin (oh so 80s).

I have nothing against sweet wine, actually like dessert wine or chilled muscato on hot summer day, but they don't go together with a meal.

ITA with you on The Cave, excellent.
saraleah2010 wrote:
I love yarden wines.

Me too! I don't either like sweet and bubbly and I love the deep reds. Yarden has some great ones and Segals and Tishbi also have some fantastic well priced bottles. The best I ever had was a Masada and I was only allowed a tiny bit of it as the men at the table thought they appreciated it more as it was a very rare bottle (or so they say) Wink Rolling Eyes
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen