Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Present for DH when I give birth...
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 2:51 pm
I think it's an amazing idea and iy"H one that I will use when the time comes. I feel so bad that life is all about me since I've been pregnant. I feel like I'm always complaining, asking him to get me something or rub some part of me. I think a gift is a great idea - - not necessary obviously, but a good way to show appreciation. Depending on your budget - the idea of the "I love tatty" picture is great or even a special "I love my daddy" onesie for the baby and a sefer for dad? I don't know. But way to be thinking positively, mom!

(Only amother because I'm not quite telling people I'm expecting yet)

amother

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 4:54 pm
amother wrote:
I think it's an amazing idea and iy"H one that I will use when the time comes. I feel so bad that life is all about me since I've been pregnant. I feel like I'm always complaining, asking him to get me something or rub some part of me. I think a gift is a great idea - - not necessary obviously, but a good way to show appreciation. Depending on your budget - the idea of the "I love tatty" picture is great or even a special "I love my daddy" onesie for the baby and a sefer for dad? I don't know. But way to be thinking positively, mom!

(Only amother because I'm not quite telling people I'm expecting yet)

thanks for the ideas! bshah tovah and feel good!!

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 5:01 pm
OP I'm sure anything you find will be just right for him ... I think your idea is sweet !!!

PIP

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 5:03 pm
random wrote:
DH's bday was three months after DD was born. I poured some kids' fingerpaint on a paper plate, stuck DD's feet on it and then on construction paper, wrote "I LOVE TATTY" in paint above it, and then framed it.

He loves it - it still sits on his dresser in the bedroom.

I love that idea!!

Brown

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 7:05 pm
The gift idea is beautiful and not connected with all the mother deserves. This is not my first and the gift is not about thank you for putting up with me but showing I care about you. My budget is lower, I got some gadgets for the car. If I had more , a briefcase for tha laptop (exchangeable of course) gift certificate at sports store, new camera, pen shaped camera that also records conversations. Shabbos suit or tallis. I'd try for something not about the baby or me only for him. Two tickets so he'll go ski or boating with a friend while you're in the hospital.

mae1984

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 12:14 am
I think it's a lovely idea!
What about some kind of camcorder? That way he can be there to video all the 'firsts' of your new baby. One like this http://www.firebox.com/product.....ion=1 that is super cool!

amother

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 3:57 am
OP here.
Thank you all for ur wonderful ideas. I will look into all of them!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics