Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Meat in crockpot

hardworkingmommy

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 2:17 pm
Looking for a good meat recipe for the crocpot.
Thanks

Rochelly

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 2:26 pm
eisiest recipie ever!

I put a bit of oil on the bottom of the crock pot and put it on the highest setting.

I slice a few onions into rings and put them in.

Let them "fry" for a few minutes.

Rub the roast / brisket / kolichel ect with a little bit of black pepper.

Put the meat on top of the oinions and pour a can of whole berry cranberry sauce on top.

Turn a few times during cooking.

Cook on low for 7-10 hours or until the meat is cooked and soft.

Always comes out perfect and I get a bazillion complements!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 2:35 pm
What size roast do you usually use Rochelly?

Rochelly

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 2:38 pm
I can't remember for sure... Last time I made this recipie was brisket for succos and I think one was 2.5 pounds and one was 3.5 pounds (cooked seperately).

By the way the original recipie also calls for salt rubbed on the meat and some soy sauce. I found it too salty like that...

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 2:41 pm
Thanks Rochelly.

OP, I've made barbecue meat in the crockpot and shredded them for shredded beef buns.
Saucy meatballs. Sweet and sour meatballs.
Hearty beef stew.
Teriyaki pepper steak.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Nov 22 2010, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 2:51 pm
I made a recipe from here, cant remember amounts or who posted, but it came out AMAZING!!!!

3 lb. roast
duck sauce or apricot jam
soy sauce
onion soup mix
crushed garlic
a little cayenne pepper
2 large onions sliced into rings

OR

soy sauce
rosemary
crushed garlic
water
onion rings

With both these recipes, I put all the ingredients in a crockpot cooking bag and surrounded the bagwith water. I let them cook overnight - probably about 8-10 hours. I know, it sounds crazy, but trust me, that was the secret and OMG YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 3:01 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:
With both these recipes, I put all the ingredients in a crockpot cooking bag and surrounded the bagwith water. I let them cook overnight - probably about 8-10 hours. I know, it sounds crazy, but trust me, that was the secret and OMG YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Putting the roast in a crockpot bag (tied I assume?) with liquid surrounding the bag sounds like an awesome method from roast crockpotting!
Thanks. Gotta try that!
(Just curious, were you able to get nice slices from the roast? I know that most crockpot roasts end up shredding.)

Rochelly

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 3:32 pm
I think it depends what cut of meat you use... Brisket that cooks for a long time falls apart but kolichel roast cuts really nicely... maybe it depends on the fat content (brisket is fatty)
Also.. it helps to wait for the meat to cool before you slice it

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 3:49 am
ra_mom wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:
Putting the roast in a crockpot bag (tied I assume?) with liquid surrounding the bag sounds like an awesome method from roast crockpotting!
Thanks. Gotta try that!
(Just curious, were you able to get nice slices from the roast? I know that most crockpot roasts end up shredding.)

I didn't knot the bag - I usually just fold it over and secure it with the lid - know what I mean?

I agree with the poster who said that getting nice slices depends on the cut and fat content, but even with fattier meat, I have gotten decent slices. Just wait till it cools completely and then slice it against the grain. Sometimes, a chunk from the side that was attached by fat will fall off, but its a good nosh! Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics