Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you use both Doctor Roths? (In Brooklyn)

amother

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 8:59 am
So here is the thing I use both Dr. Roth the pediatrician (mother) and Dr. Roth the ob/gyn (daughter). I am very happy with the daughter but not the mother and would like to change pediatricians. But I have met daughter in mothers office and mother in daughters office (its same building) And would feel quiet silly meeting the one I left.

So now my question is? Did you once use both and left one and how did it go?

aidelmaidel

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 9:01 am
amother wrote:
So here is the thing I use both Dr. Roth the pediatrician (mother) and Dr. Roth the ob/gyn (daughter). I am very happy with the daughter but not the mother and would like to change pediatricians. But I have met daughter in mothers office and mother in daughters office (its same building) And would feel quiet silly meeting the one I left.

You can always use the line - our insurance changed so we had to change to someone who takes our insurance.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 12:15 pm
aidelmaidel wrote:
amother wrote:

You can always use the line - our insurance changed so we had to change to someone who takes our insurance.

Wont work for the simple reason that I think she takes all those HMO's and we have private insurance which she takes most too and I use her daughter which takes the same insurance.

runninglate

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 12:34 pm
I dont have experience with her but from what I understand she is so busy that she wont even notice. do whatevers best for u.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 12:56 pm
RR6178 wrote:
I dont have experience with her but from what I understand she is so busy that she wont even notice. do whatevers best for u.

Sorry to disappoint you but she's got a great memory remembers where I live and which days I always come in and...

Asking from people that used or uses her what do you think?

momomany

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 2:16 pm
If there is a specific reason you are leaving ie long wait time, difficulty scheduling convenient appts, then you can tell her you were happy there, but will have to leave because of....... If it is something more personal ie you don't like her care etc, then you can just smile, look dumb & dont say anything when you meet her. Its her problem & not yours. You are the customer & she is the "storekeeper". If she fails to provide what you need & want then you leave. No need to be embarrassed.

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 4:30 pm
no way she won't notice. She's got an awesome memory.

I had the reverse--left the daughter and use the mother. It was/is sometimes uncomfortable but for the most part, we've gotten past it.

smilingmom

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 4:44 pm
Can a mod please delete this thread due to lashon hare reasons. I would hate to offend all the righteous imamothers.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 9:33 am
ILOVELIFE wrote:

I had the reverse--left the daughter and use the mother. It was/is sometimes uncomfortable but for the most part, we've gotten past it.

What do u mean she wont notice? She notices every stupid detail of everything.

So when you meet the other do you still feel weird how long ago did you leave her practice.

She sure will relize that I left. I have been with both for YEARS. And wondering if its worth to change.

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 7:44 pm
amother wrote:
ILOVELIFE wrote:

What do u mean she wont notice? She notices every stupid detail of everything.

So when you meet the other do you still feel weird how long ago did you leave her practice.

She sure will relize that I left. I have been with both for YEARS. And wondering if its worth to change.

I meant there's no way she won't notice. She's got an awesome memory. So with me I gave her a reason that she was not happy with but at least I gave her s/thing that could be interpreted as not her fault. I told her I really wanted to use a hi-risk doc and hospital and though she didn't feel I needed it, she didn't argue.

I think that's the best way to do it: give a weak execuse-- need a doc with a diff insurance, etc

amother

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 8:53 pm
Don't forget you're going to have to ask the office to transfer your kids medical records. How are you going to do that?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 09 2010, 8:53 am
Is there anyone out there on this websight that used both and left one, How did you work that out?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 06 2011, 9:46 am
Hard and weird!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette