Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Raintree and Spruce areas in Lakewood
Previous  1  2

YoMom

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 5:38 pm
Prices vary, can't say for sure - you may find s/t in the $200's, maybe not such great condition, etc, or higher in better condition. They are generally smaller, older homes on very large lots - no new construction that I know of. But I know s/o who just added a second floor to her ranch and she now has a large house AND a large lot. There are def things to rent - my house is currently rented to a frum family. I actually jut heard of a short term rental available, prob about a year, I think in really good condition....you should pm me for more info. Also, you have to get the ma'sa uma'atan - lakewood weekly publication with the most popular rental list. I think they'll send it to you if you call, though I can't find the # right now. Feel free to pm me.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 8:18 am
I know some pple in raintree. Used to be more ritzy, if you can call it that, but now there's a mix, some simple yeshivish pple. Some pple rent there. Very nice homey feel. Two shuls.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 7:59 pm
just a couple more questions for anyone still reading...

as far as I have heard, there are two shuls in raintree. is there a difference between the two - is there a reason someone would daven in one over the other besides for location?
is there an eruv around the whole raintree?

also, based on some of the above posts about getting kids into school... I recently heard of someone who couldnt get her girls into school because she wears a denim skirt. is this realistic? or is it possible that she is applying to the wrong schools? just curious how true these "horror stories" about lakewood are.

pina colada

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 7:34 am
I don't live in lakewood but know pple in raintree. re: the two shuls, I think one davens nusach sfard-the one on Laguna and the other shul davens ashkenaz.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 10:36 am
My sister lives in Raintree.

It seems to be a really nice mix of yeshivish and working families. My sisters neighbor is even chassidish. I am MO and when I come to visit people are really nice to me, even though I am clearly not Yeshivish.

There are two shuls directly in raintree (one ashkenaz and one sephard) and then there are a couple nearby as well.

Houses are nice older homes. Many people do renovations so the standard small home become a really nice one for not too much money. I think the homes are in the high $200s for the most part.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 21 2010, 8:25 pm
Is there a mikva at a walking distance, and do you have to make an appointment or is it always open?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 9:32 pm
different amother here.
was also wondering about the mikva situation in raintree. anybody know any details?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 6:21 pm
Hi, reviving this thread, as I am looking to relocate to Lakewood and this area interests me. What are the hot streets in Raintree? How many shuls are there wnd who is the rav in each? Is there an eiruv?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating