Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Post long-winded excuses for not handing in homework

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 6:24 pm
I left it on the desk and a child stole it and fed it to her blue monster that lives in her room. not the red one, the blue one. and I didn't believe the blue one existed (I've only seen the red one) but the red one insists he didn't eat it and I don't know who else could have. the blue one says he didn't, but I can't take his word for it since I haven't spoken to him directly. inquiries are in place, but meanwhile my homework isn't available now, so you can't have it.

Happy18

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 6:27 pm
At least the kids creative.
The best is when a student doesnt even try to find an excuse.
"I forgot it in school"
"I left it at home"
"I was too tired"
"I didnt have any time" - this ones my favorite when the homework is given thursday night and not checked until moday.

Smile

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 6:28 pm
Happy18 wrote:
At least the kids creative.
The best is when a student doesnt even try to find an excuse.
"I forgot it in school"
"I left it at home"
"I was too tired"
"I didnt have any time" - this ones my favorite when the homework is given thursday night and not checked until moday.

Smile

my kids are 4 and 3. that was MY excuse.

c'mon, make one up. it's fun.

sunshine!

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 7:02 pm
I really tried to do it, honest I did. I didn't even understand the question and I called my grandfather to explain it to me, and he did start to, but then he asked me to call him back because he had to use the facilities, and then I called him back and he had forgotten the question, so I had to ask him again and then he told me what he thought the answer might be, but then as I was writing what he was saying, he fell asleep on the phone and I called him and called him but I didn't hear anything on the other end of the line, so I hung up and called Hatzalah and they went to his house and they saw he had fallen asleep but they said his blood pressure was low so they took him to the hospital to be monitored, and I went with my mother to stay with him and he never did get to tell me what the answer was.....

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 7:05 pm
sunshine! wrote:
I really tried to do it, honest I did. I didn't even understand the question and I called my grandfather to explain it to me, and he did start to, but then he asked me to call him back because he had to use the facilities, and then I called him back and he had forgotten the question, so I had to ask him again and then he told me what he thought the answer might be, but then as I was writing what he was saying, he fell asleep on the phone and I called him and called him but I didn't hear anything on the other end of the line, so I hung up and called Hatzalah and they went to his house and they saw he had fallen asleep but they said his blood pressure was low so they took him to the hospital to be monitored, and I went with my mother to stay with him and he never did get to tell me what the answer was.....

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

BRILLIANT! thank you for the laugh.

MommytoB

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 7:19 pm
I did do my homework. Honest, I really did. I did my homework in the kitchen with my mom. We sat and she read the questions to me. Then I told her what I wanted to write and she spelled out every single word for me to write down. Then we did my reading homework and my mom read all the stories to me. She helped me color the chart. We did the science experiment too. My mom set up all the things we needed and put them all together and showed me the results. We decided what we liked best and she told me how to spell our results.

I went to play and my mom promises she put all my homework into my folder. She left the folder on the table for me to put into my bag. She said since it is my homework I should be responsible for the folder. I don't know what happened, but maybe after homework, while I was playing, my mom put the folder in the middle of the pile of art projects I brought home from school. She had to move the art projects off the kitchen table so we could have our dinner.

I caught my mom throwing out a bag of garbage in the morning. I think my art projects were in there. I put my snacks in my bag after my mom made them and when I noticed my homework folder was not in my bag, I turned to ask my mom if she had taken my homework.

She told me she does not do homework before she has her morning cup of coffee.

Happy18

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 7:24 pm
MommytoB wrote:

I went to play and my mom promises she put all my homework into my folder. She left the folder on the table for me to put into my bag. She said since it is my homework I should be responsible for the folder. I don't know what happened, but maybe after homework, while I was playing, my mom put the folder in the middle of the pile of art projects I brought home from school. She had to move the art projects off the kitchen table so we could have our dinner.

I hear this excuse (or very very similar ones) multiple times a week!
Did everyones parents used to put their homework in their bags? Because my students dont really understand that its their responsibility.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 7:30 pm
my sister promised me she'd make me eat my words someday. well, yesterday she fulfilled that promise. I finished printing my ten page paper on christopher colombus and the chicken pox vaccine and decided to go watch my favorite thing, a ken burns documentary on the history of the hoop skirt. when I came back, my paper was gone. I did not realize that my sister had put the paper in with the cabbage leaves until dinner time. I was enjoying every bite of my stuffed cabbage until my sister told me she had given me the ones made from my paper. she also deleted my file while I was watching ken burns. so there you have it. I ate my homework. the dog got to eat the real stuffed cabbage.

bubby

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 7:30 pm
My favorite was from a really disorganized child (major ADD) & she said in a voice of total astonishment, " I had the paper in my hand & the wind blew it away." She really meant it & knowing her, that's exactly what happened.

I heard she got married. Rolling Eyes shock Wink I hope she clung on to her kesuba! LOL

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 7:31 pm
MommytoB wrote:
I did do my homework. Honest, I really did. I did my homework in the kitchen with my mom. We sat and she read the questions to me. Then I told her what I wanted to write and she spelled out every single word for me to write down. Then we did my reading homework and my mom read all the stories to me. She helped me color the chart. We did the science experiment too. My mom set up all the things we needed and put them all together and showed me the results. We decided what we liked best and she told me how to spell our results.

I caught my mom throwing out a bag of garbage in the morning. I think my art projects were in there. I put my snacks in my bag after my mom made them and when I noticed my homework folder was not in my bag, I turned to ask my mom if she had taken my homework.

She told me she does not do homework before she has her morning cup of coffee.

fun! I would hate doing homework with that mother....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club