Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Post a mishpacha/binah magazine style story.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 2:02 pm
this genre includes inspirational stories and incredibly long serials. fiction is welcome. feel free to post stories for the mishpacha junior/binah bunch crowd.

let's have some fun.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 2:20 pm
I'll start

chapter one.

ok, someone actually write chapter one. how about a concerted effort on a really long serial?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 2:46 pm
Chani was worried about Devora. Devora hadn't been on a date in three months. Oy. Three months is a long time for a still-single twenty-one year old. Poor Devora. Chani only hoped that Devora would meet her bashert in a short time. After all, Chani was younger than Devora and already expecting her second child. Chani didn't want Devora to have to wait too long to experience the joys of motherhood.

Devora sat at her desk, waiting for the phone to ring. A secretary for a popular dentist, Devora didn't have much time to socialize during the day. She didn't have time to do much other than schedule root canals. But that was ok. Devora really liked her work. It kept her mind off shidduchim.

Devora had some problems with shidduchim. None of the boys she was interested in were interested in her. She was looking for a top learning boy, and only the working boys wanted to date her. Devora wondered if this had something to do with the summer she turned 10...

to be continued by the next poster brave enough to come up with some terrible secret that has to do with the summer she turned 10...

sky

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 5:06 pm
Devora was so excited. She was finally going to sleep over camp. She had been so excited when her parents told her that she could attend Camp Bnos Melech. She had packed and repacked her suitcase a 100 times planning all the fun that she would have.
While unpacking in her bunkhouse Devora noticed all the other girls were friendly with each other. They were already talking, laughing and reminising about the last year in camp. Devora felt very left out but figured that she too would be part of the group soon.
Quickly Devora saw she didn't belong. She wasn't wearing the same black skirt everyone else was with the false front. She didn't have the hooded sweatshirt with the strange pink ribbon on the bottom. Her sneakers were just sneakers, and not some designer pair. Devora started noticing that something was just not right.
The seond night in campe Devora couldn't sleep she was tossing and turning, and thinking about how this summer was going to be just horrible. Then she heard some wispering from the bed at the end of the room. It was Chani and Sara talking. She strained her ears to hear.
Devora couldn't believe what she was hearing...

(Sorry my tenses are all off)

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 6:08 pm
For a long time, Esti, a baalat teshuva living in Brooklyn, had been worrying about the furute for her beloved son Yankele. Yankele was a smart boy, since he was a child he had a healthy thirst for Torah and he always made his parents very proud. But when he was in his teens, they found out he was having some very serious health issues and it had become Esti's job to mask them, least anyone found out and a possible good shidduch would be impossible. She cooked him special food, took care of his medication and things went well. Now, at 22, he was more than ready to get married. A really good lerner with lots of potential.
Yes, Esti thought, my son is a great lerner who definately has to keep on learning for at least several years after marriage. Over the years she succesfully managed to keep his disease a secret from the community.
One sunny sunday afternoon, Yankele was sitting in the kitchen of his date Racheli. She was amazing. Extremely tznius, slim, smart, dedicated, with rich parents and a job, he tought she was the one. While her mom was serving them refreshments he couldn't stop but think how lucky he was. The vort was to be held when his parents came over and the wedding should not be more than 2 months away...
Racheli sat quietly on her bed saying tehillim. She felt so happy that she was going to be married to such a talmid chacham, a real lerner that would certainly bring lots of zechut to her family. She had already been thinking how she would be decorating the new appartment her parents had bought for her in the heart of Boro Park. It was spacious and beautyful and she fantasized about making Shabbos.
She also worked as a dental hygienist and after marriage she would continue to work part time, and with that and help of her parents she would be able to keep her smart and serious husband learning.
Esti was so happy. Her dearest son was getting married, and all of this was the result of keeping his health situation a secret. Surely, it could be controlled by taking medication, a special diet and regular check ups, but that was a big no-no if she wanted him to marry a girl that would support him in is learning, and especially one that would receive help from her family. If his issues were known, he would surely have had to date BTs, girls from poor families or a giyoret, and he was expected to support his family. No way.
She smiled as she saw her reflection in the mirror of her bedroom, while Rivky finished her make-up do with some extra blush and helped Esti to carefully put on her brand new $4.000 Alizé wig in an updo.
6:50 pm that night. Everyone was posing for the pictures of what was going to be an amazing night, that went on to the wee-wee hours.
One month later, Racheli sits in front of her laptop obviously very shaken and upset. She was writing a 2 page rant on a website aimed at married Jewish women on a specific board for marital issues, something she'd never expected to do in her first few weeks of marriage. Ever. HOW TO DEAL W/ MY DH ISSUES SERIOUSLY I JUST DONT KNOW ANYMORE PLEASE HELP ME TO COPE WITH IT... she ended the message and clicked on submit..

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 6:14 pm
I'm not sure how I'm going to keep up with all this (especially since I may not have computer access for a bit) but I have to thank you all tremendously. I don't subscribe to the magazines, just the newspapers and I never realized how much I miss. Now I don't have to have AMI/Serial discussion/etc. envy!! Hooray Flower Clown Colors

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 9:49 pm
I was gonna continue, but I'm too confused. is this one or two serials going on?

sky

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 4:20 am
Chocoholic wrote:
One month later, Racheli sits in front of her laptop obviously very shaken and upset. She was writing a 2 page rant on a website aimed at married Jewish women on a specific board for marital issues, something she'd never expected to do in her first few weeks of marriage. Ever. HOW TO DEAL W/ MY DH ISSUES SERIOUSLY I JUST DONT KNOW ANYMORE PLEASE HELP ME TO COPE WITH IT... she ended the message and clicked on submit..

FANTASTIC!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 7:49 am
mummiedearest wrote:
I was gonna continue, but I'm too confused. is this one or two serials going on?

I think one, with Chocoholic's interlude, which I assume can stand on its own. Unless she wants to continue it. Should you choose colors now?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club