Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What would we be?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 5:11 pm
we are a frum family. I cover all my hair, cover my legs but wear jean skirts(that could change if necessary). dh wears white shirt, black pants all the time, hat on shobbas. all of the aforementioned is what I consider somewhat superficial but is apparently very imp in israeli socety. I would like my boys to be able to work in the future if they would like and do feel strongly that they spend some time in the army. I like the idea of the sheltared environment that nachal hareidi provides. dh feels strongly that the kids attend schools where the students are not allowed to watch tv and are more sheltared in nature. he also feels more comfortable in more yeshivish crowds. I think we might be chardal. anyone agree/disagree? what community would we belong in?

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 5:17 pm
Passaic. Just kidding.
When asking about these things, please limit it to where would we belong in right-wing religious Israeli society. Not Israeli society at large. Because society at large doesn't care what you wear. Most of the Israeli society I know think that people who wear black hats at all and in the summer in particular, are nuts. So you really need to know where you will fit into Chareidi society. Which may clash with your army plans. Oops, it gets complicated....

zipporah

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 5:22 pm
For me- Chardal would be a strict separation by gender. If you really want to be Yeshivish, that's more Chardal, but there are places where both types of people live together... if you want to be American Yeshivhish, then there's Jerusalem, Matisyahu, and RBS A. Probably more, but those are the biggies.

If you don't care so much about gender separation, then you're more right wing Dati Leumi...

You need to figure out if you're OK living with non-religious people; whether you want city, suburb, or country; and if you need a lot of Anglos or not so many...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions