Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Can anyone recommend a child behavior therapist in baltimore

amother

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 10:13 pm
I'm looking for an outstanding behavior child psychologist. someone who does very well with teaching social skills and behavior in Baltimore. and hopefully one that takes insurance.

I need a therapist that gets RESULTS!!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 10:29 pm
Emily Love at JCS is excellent and specializes in CBT

4cutekids

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 11:30 pm
In addition to finding a therapist I recommend that you learn about the functions of behavior and how to respond. you can learn this through ABA, Applied Behavior analysis. if you are trained you'll have much better results. see if you and dh can take a course in ABA, some colleges offer it. if not look it up online. or ask the therapist for suggestions on parent training.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 4:03 pm
amother wrote:
Emily Love at JCS is excellent and specializes in CBT

does she take insurance? what/where is JCS?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 5:10 pm
4cutekids wrote:
In addition to finding a therapist I recommend that you learn about the functions of behavior and how to respond. you can learn this through ABA, Applied Behavior analysis. if you are trained you'll have much better results. see if you and dh can take a course in ABA, some colleges offer it. if not look it up online. or ask the therapist for suggestions on parent training.

is there a book that covers this and teaches it well? I think it will be easiest to find the time to read a book, or can it only be learned in class?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 5:55 pm
There is a fabulous lady named Sue Finkelstein. She has worked with some students of mine at BY. She's a no nonsense kind of lady, and got excellent results with the kids I taught.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 6:32 pm
JCS is jewish community services which used to be called jewish family services. its the building next to the jcc. and they do take insurance. and have a lot of therapists on their staff plus a psychiatrist.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 10:14 pm
does anyone know if sue finkelstein takes insurance, I actually have heard her name before.

(I'd rather go to a private practice than the jcs that seems more like a big jewish org. where my info might be seen by ppl we know)

amother

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 11:20 am
Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread...

Sue Finkelstein :

1) Is NOT a therapist. She has a master's in child development.

2) does social skills groups.

3) does not take insurance.

(410) 486-6001

Depending on your child, you might also want to look into the Loyola College Child Clinic in Belvedere Square (York Road+ Northern Pkwy area). they take insurance and have social skills groups there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children