Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Using a cell phone only and dropping the landline
Previous  1  2

nylon

Post Fri, Feb 04 2011, 3:37 pm
I know people who do this. It really depends.

For us, it's not worth it, for 2 reasons:

1) It is only cheaper if you are already paying for and using a cell phone. We use ours so little that it isn't even worth buying a contract phone. Going contract for both of us and ditching our land line would be more expensive.

2) We have TV and Internet. It is actually slightly cheaper for us to have triple play than to not have the land line! (Although we do pay $5/mo for better international rates--Verizon's standard rates are terrible, though they want to switch people to VoIP service which has cheaper rates. I like having an old fashioned phone line tat does not rely on the Internet.)

Ruchel

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 1:12 pm
Doctors and bosses seem to want a landline to call you. If you give cell phone they ask for the other. I'm sure a boss would be afraid I'm homeless or my line was cut c'v.

Raisin

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 2:18 pm
so many of our calls are international it would not be worth it.

YTYoungMother

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 1:53 am
Been married 2.5 yrs and never had landline. The only time I wish I had a landline is when I'm home alone and can't find my cellphone Smile
Otherwise, I think we're totally fine without it. Between my husband and I, one of our phones is always charged, so people can always reach us if they need.

rachel6543

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 2:09 am
I have both a landline and a cell phone. My cell phone is what I mostly use. However, we have the land line for emergencies and when we have a babysitter. It's just makes me feel safer knowing I have a land line in case I need to call 911 and knowing it'll be easier to trace our call. Also, I tend to misplace my cell phone a lot, so another reason I like having a landline. In fact, last year we had to call 911 when some lost drunk guy started frantically banging on our door in the middle of the night. It was quite scary at the time. My husband couldn't find his cell phone and I reminded him to use the landline. The police were at our place really quick!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars