Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Need recipe ideas for 9 days please

sandwich

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 4:10 pm
my husband doesn't like dairy or fish so I have a big problem during the 9 days anyone have any good recipes that are pareve and not fish please. I am going crazy. thanks

red sea

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 4:13 pm
How about sandwiches????

LOL I couldn't resist

cindy324

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 4:29 pm
how about pasta, all kinds and shapes with different sauces and sauteed veggies

salads with fruits and vegetables and pasta

vegetable cutlets with mashed potatoes.

btw, my dh doesn't like fish and dairy either, he mostly eats cereal during the nine days.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 4:32 pm
split pea soup, rice and salad.
or exchange rice for baked potatoes.
Would your husband eat fried or baked gefilte fish patties? Or breaded fillet of flounder? Very different than just "fish".

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 4:54 pm
sandwich wrote:
my husband doesn't like dairy or fish so I have a big problem during the 9 days anyone have any good recipes that are pareve and not fish please. I am going crazy. thanks

im in the same position Sad
I have no clue what to make! My husband does not like cheesy things, and I am allergic to fish!
Someone suggested Fajitas, or Tacos made with soy ground "meat" I'm going to try that...
Or maybe a stir fry..

Raisin

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 5:56 pm
only1 wrote:
sandwich wrote:

im in the same position Sad
I have no clue what to make! My husband does not like cheesy things, and I am allergic to fish!
Someone suggested Fajitas, or Tacos made with soy ground "meat" I'm going to try that...
Or maybe a stir fry..

You could make a pasta and tomato sauce, split sauce into 2 batches, put tuna in one batch for your dh, and have the other one yourself, with cheese. You could also make baked potatoes, and you have cheese, he has tuna as toppings. What about falafel? no fish, no cheese.

gryp

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 7:27 pm
cindy, whats a vegetable cutlet?

mumsy23

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 7:32 pm
Only1 - good recipe:

Roast different colored peppers, and portobello mushrooms in the oven. Cut up avacado flesh in strips, stuff it all in a wrap with mayo and its a great PARVE meal. If you want you can put in motzorella cheese for yourself. ITS YUM!

cindy324

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 8:14 pm
Quote:
cindy, whats a vegetable cutlet?

it's mashed up veggies mixed with some eggs and spices and fried or baked.

I've seen them frozen in the grocery or I've seen them in pizza shops. I don't have a recipe 'cause I never actually made it, but I had the frozen ones and they're pretty good

gryp

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 9:21 pm
thanx!
I would love to make up a recipe for that.
I wonder if it would work with diced vegetables, as opposed to mashed ones.
we'll find out... Smile

cutiemom

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 6:25 pm
well we are having vegetable lasagna tonight - we are lactose intolerant so for those of you who don't both want cheese this works -

lasagna noodles, pasta sauce, eggplant and zucchini sauted/grilled in a wok, sliced tomatoes if you have and want. Cook the pasta, saute the veggies (takes a little while but if you have time it really tastes good and is filling), and then bake together like regular lasagna. If you want cheese on half then go ahead!!

We also like vegetable lo mein:
vegetables: celery, shredded carrots, mushrooms, red peppers, onion, bean sprouts, snow peas, water chestnuts, baby corn...
cook angel hair pasta - 1 lb and 1 cup each vegetable for about 4-5 ppl,
mix together 1 1/2 c. chicken broth (or water with no msg soup mix), and 1/2 c. soy sauce and 1.5 T cornstarch.

Stir fry veggies in canola oil and then add the sauce.
Turn off fire and mix together pasta and veggies or mix them on each plate in case some kids only want the pasta.

One more recipe: much easier than all the rest:
Vegetarian Chili
1 onion diced
garlic diced
olive oil . Saute until soft, translucent.
diced green pepper, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can chick peas, salt and oregano. Tastes fine if you leave out the salt for those who want to. Sometimes I put it more tomatoes. Put everything together and simmer for 30 min. We eat this with pasta or pitas.

Oh - just remembered one more:
vegetarian fried rice
scramble 5 eggs and some onions or scallions and 1 T. soy sauce plus a little water to make the eggs fluffy. Cut up the big pieces to be small. Cook rice separately. Use any vegetables mentioned in the veg lo mein recipe. Stir fry them with a little soy sauce. Add the rice in with a little more oil and soy sauce and then add the eggs back in. Then you are done. You can also add a dash or two of hot sauce if you don't like so much soy sauce.

(These are actually the main recipes I use soy sauce in - it's not like in every recipe we make!!)

mom3boys

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 9:59 pm
How about making veggie patties with tofu or lentils.
Just cook lentils until soft, sautee onions, garlic, celery, put in food processor and chop, can add any herbs, salt pepper, couple of eggs, form into patties and fry

DevorahF

Post Tue, Aug 01 2006, 2:33 am
try eggplant parmigan,
you can make it with less cheese or no cheese at all. it is a job but I usually make 2 at once and freeze.
grilled vegetables is excellent with pasta and some olive oil.
soup, garlic bread and ceasar salad is great too.
I make calzones with dough I buy at the pizza shop. I fill it with sauteed vegetables and cheese, you can skip the cheese.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals