Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Something Nice For a Change....

sneakermom

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 4:09 pm
Today I happened to be at Amnon's Pizza Shop in boro park, now I'm a little huge these days (think big belly paired with klutzy feet) and my closed can of soda rolled off my tray and onto the floor.

Quick as can be, and ever so pleasantly the guy that clears the tables swooped down and picked it up and put it back on the table. The server that served me, came over and switched it for a new one so it shouldn't explode on me.

Then I saw that same server, (works by the salad counter) go again out from behind the counter, to tie this guy's shoelace! (He is a slow person that broke his hand). I was so touched I couldn't believe it.....This woman had the sensitivity, spunk, and character, to help this guy out like that. It's not something you see easily these days.

I got to thinking about the saying, "Hakol holeich l'fee Harosh", everything goes according to it's head. It happens to be that I remember as a kid leaving my bite plate wrapped in a napkin on my table at Amnon's and then leaving and how he helped me sort through the garbage and found it for me!

Now obviously I'm not interested in generating free advertising for Amnon's but do you have that feeling too, that when the head of the place has a certain energy, or positivity it generates downward and influences the entire place?

Anyhow....these are the kinds of things that inspire me. What about you?

Shalshelet

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 4:42 pm
Yes, b"H I recently read about this the other day. Good things happening as a result, maybe?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINIO.....earch

sneakermom

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 5:44 pm
Yes, shalshelet, those are exactly the kind of things that inspire me. When people behave with humanity and kindness. I'm not sure what I think of the Sinatra story though....need time to process that one!

Shalshelet

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 5:51 pm
its like the story of the guest who spilled wine on the hosts haggada, and then the host spilled wine on theirs as well and said "a haggada without wine is like a Yom Kippur machzor without tears."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics