Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Reading material this week

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Feb 11 2011, 6:45 am
The reading material this week looks really good! Charades is OFF THE WALL this week! Two amazing writeups in the Mishpacha this week - one about Dor Yeshorim and one about Shloime Dachs. The Hamodia has writeups on Rabbi Dr Twerski and on RCCS. So much fascinating stuff. (Main Ami looks boring actually, but Ami Living looks okay.) THe Binah article about the mother of multiple kids with Fragile X was extremely sad but had words of chizuk in it.

Oh and I have a li'l something published in one of the magazines this week, yay me. I wont tell you yet in which one or what it's about. Have fun finding it. (My Facebook friends are ineligible to guess as I already posted about it Smile.)

Gshabbos!

flowerpower

Post Fri, Feb 11 2011, 6:51 am
I will surely enjoy them over shabbos(minus the Binah though).

tsiggelle

Post Sat, Feb 12 2011, 9:25 am
mama bear, since you seem to be rather educated in these matters, would you mind giving me a quick recap of the story about the non-mothering mother that had a few letters written about it? I cant seem to recall what it was.

thanks

oh, youre all welcome to answer!

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Feb 13 2011, 10:11 pm
Personally, I loved the article on Shloime Dachs but couldn't read the piece on Dor Yeshorim since I've read too many write-ups about him by now and knew a lot of the material.

Family first had some great stuff (other than one piece which had me mad for personal reasons)

Hamodia's Inyan is really taking shape. I enjoyed the article about Dr Twerski-- I've read most of his books and many interviews with him and this was different and great. I had guests for Shabbos and didn't get to read more than the novel and Dr Twerski. Looking forward to reading the rest.

Binah I really liked Kinus Hashluchos piece. It was refreshing and the pics.....I was blown away by that house in Ukraine.

Story of Fragile X was sad. But a big change from the usual-- it was realistic

bashinda

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 7:59 am
I didn't have much time to read but being children of divorced parents I actually read the Dachs article right away. I'm amazed at his parents. They really tried not to have his children suffer at all from the divorce. As much as I think Shlome Dachs is amazing for being so open, I'm also pretty impressed by his parents.

I'm often 5 issues behind with Bina. All I look at with Ami Living was the letter from the lady who wanted to show the other side of bullying in the workplace and I just wrote a response. I was really livid by that letter. The lady is complaining about lack of training and then passing it off as an issue of age. Her own letter is biased against older workers. I don't think she even sees how bad she comes across and how her own letter not only works against what she's trying to say but helps prove the case that there is bullying in the workplace for older workers.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 10:06 am
Any letters in Mishpacha about the Crohn's article?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 7:55 pm
So nobody bothered to try to find my article?
ILoveLife you didnt find it either?

exaustedmom

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 8:13 pm
Mama bear - your article in the ami this past week was very nicely written!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 8:37 pm
thanks Wink Smile

bashinda

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 8:39 pm
Actually that was the first thing I looked for. In fact, I thought I had missed my bus looking for your article! I'm guessing you are one of the All of Our Lives articles.

das

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 9:36 pm
MB your article was great! Bassi Sofer-right? Same as the letter. Inspiring story-did it happen to you?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 10:14 pm
yes, Das. and yes, it's very very true, that is how my baby got his middle name! Substitute "yaakov" for "menachem" and "aryeh" for "Yehudah"... and its the story of my 2 yr old who is named for my stepgrandfather who passed away 2 days before his bris! If you go to 'birth stories' and find "mendy's birth story", I wrote about it right after he was bor 2 1/2 yrs ago. thanks for finding it Smile.

Marigold

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 10:19 pm
Oh wow MB.. That's your story? I really enjoyed it!

zissy2004

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 3:45 am
oh! Pity I dont get the ami :-)
I thought it must be in there coz I didnt see it in the binah or mishpacha.
Charades is getting intrrresting!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room