Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I'm in the market! Shevy or...?
Previous  1  2

queen

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 8:03 pm
The poster that mentioned Estelle Wigs- isn't that from a Lakewood Shaitel macher- Esther Honeg?

I got one of my shaitels from Shani Azatzi (Deal, NJ) over SIX years ago. STILL looks beautiful, still get compliments on it. Only work I've done to it was to add a little hair and get it dyed once- both 2 years ago.

Shani Azatzi makes her own shaitels.... when I got mine, she actually traced the shape/size of my head to get the cap exactly right. Very comfortable.

bigSmile

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 8:05 pm
Henya wrote:
bigSmile wrote:
Henya wrote:
I have a Riki. I wear it on Shabbos & special occasions. 4 1/2 years later, it still looks great.
Are you anywhere near the 5 towns? My sister in law knows a shaitel macher who makes gorgeous wigs. This lady`s from Israel & not very well known yet in the states. She owns a few of this lady`s shaitels & many years later, they still look so new & fresh. Let me know if you`d like more information on those shaitels.
No, I'm not close to the five towns...thank you though!

If you`re interested, the shaitel macher lives in Brooklyn, but visits the 5 towns once a week.
Ooh- Brooklyn IS travel-able for me....

msym

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 9:06 pm
just got one from TORI - they are super nice and have amazing costumer service a 14" was 1475 so I imagine a 16 inch is a little more

bigSmile

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 9:45 pm
msym wrote:
just got one from TORI - they are super nice and have amazing costumer service a 14" was 1475 so I imagine a 16 inch is a little more
Thank you! I don't know if I've ever heard of a Tori before...

msym

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 9:50 pm
bigSmile wrote:
msym wrote:
Thank you! I don't know if I've ever heard of a Tori before...

they have a website and a facebook page if you want to check them out. there have been posts about it on imamother also if u wanna do a search

its all good

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 10:07 pm
love my shevy
its super comfortable!

YoMom

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 11:17 pm
SO NOT happy with my shevy's (full and fall both), they're almost four years old but really nearing the end of their lives.....daily use. Is a shaitel only supposed to last four years? Honestly, they looked beautiful for the first two years for sure....but I love my noa, 4 years later - not worn as often though....Noa is expensive, $2500 probably. My shevy's right now are thin and KNOTTY!!

LFN

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 12:48 am
FORTUNE WIGS ARE FAIRLY PRICED, GOOD SERVICE. AND ESTHER STANDS BEHIND HER WIGS, SHE ALSO GIVE A GOOD CUT.718 382 0550

LFN

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 12:55 am
Shani Azatchi is Great! Her wigs are beautiful and she is a perfectionist! She is as honest as they come!
Her # is 732 870 0405

SDARY

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 7:32 pm
I am also a dark blond and I was going to get a shevy but when I went to Chaye Halons they told me that they dont carry shevys anymore ( bc of their terrible service) and was ranting and raving about this new company Renaissance. They are basically equal in quality to the shevy, make great blonds and stand behind their product. They told me that only the "top" sheitel machers have an exclusive to this line... I am so happy with the sheitel I get compliments all the time!

Mevater

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 7:35 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My Sheitel Macher sells mostly Shevis and kikis.... Both of us are happy.
Are you happy with your Sheitelmacher honesty-wise, price-wise, and service-wise? If yes, can I ask who it is and the phone number if possible? Whats her price range? Does this Sheitelmacher cut? If not, who cuts your wigs? TIA

rivk241

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 8:04 pm
recently got a zeeci wig and I love it!

cupcaker

Post Sun, Feb 13 2011, 9:26 am
If you can go a little higher than $2000. I would highly suggest NOA in flatbush. You will get an amazing quality shaitel that I think is well worth the price. Her cuts are amazing, I've had professional hair stylists comment on how well it was done and the hair is gorgeous virgin European hair. Because she doesn't sell to shaitel machers, they specialize in selling directly to the client. I've had only good experiences there, as had everyone else I know. You will get a complete custom wig, a choice of 3 different caps, and they will suggest the best color hair and match your natural highlites. The first time I went to pick up my wig I could pick mine out from a few on the table because it had my exact natural highliting. HIGHLY SUGGESTED!! (Like I said, pricey but I think totally worth it!)

busydev

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 4:09 pm
I have a kiki and LOVE it. fits comfortable. holds the style. looks great all the time b"h.

mine was not custom. its multi directional, natural part. it was $1300 dark brown from a shaitel macher. I dunno its exact length- but its about 2-3 inches below my shoulders in the back. I think it was a precut- tho the shaitel macher cut the front more to fit me better

esther s

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 1:16 pm
ive had 7 sheitals in the past 2 years. im completely OBSESSED
all are pretty much different brands. the only ones I wear anymore are my TORIs. I have a fall and a full sheital fron tori and they are INCREDIBLE!!!
and the customer service is incredible! my friend came with me to get my fall and her sheital was all gross and splitting and they showed her hoe to fix it right then and there! they did the treatment for her for free and taught her how to do it.
when she said she would like to leavie it there so they can completely fix it, they told her to try it at home first and this is how....
incredibe!
my friends with shevys HATE them!!!!! non stop knotting

There4you

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 1:32 pm
If you go to Shevy's store ask for Zlati, she's real nice! She helps people find the right wig for them. she helped me and it was the perfect color and shape. within the first year they will re-dye, or deep condition the wig if it's knotting. I ended up adding more hair this year, to the back of the wig, since it was knotting. It does not knot anymore. I really like it!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels