Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Pickles and ice cream

AR

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 8:37 pm
hi im due around pesach time and I am really excited for purim this year Smile I want to do a pickles and ice cream theme for my MM. I have the ice cream part figured out (I am going to bake the cake cones and frost them so they look like ice cream), but I want to do something cute for the pickle part. I do not want to put real pickles in MM. any ideas??

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 8:42 pm
what's wrong with a jar of pickled veggies?

MrsMortgage

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 9:02 pm
Or a jar of pickles? Everyone loves things that come in mini jars

imasinger

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 9:08 pm
You could do packages of pickling spices (with or without fresh mini-cucumbers). You could bake cookies in the shape of pickles and frost them green. You could use green Mike&Ikes. Lots of choices.

torahtots

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 9:43 pm
Why don't you want to do pickles?
My friend did pickles and ice cream one year to announce that she was pregnant. She gave ice cream-shaped gummies and little jar of pickles she'd pickled herself. We loved them.

BTW, not sure if this is what you meant, but I have seen the ice cream cones filled with brownie mix, topped with sprinkles and baked. Much easier than frosting them.

pobody's nerfect

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 11:29 pm
I forgot which brand it is, but I know they make little 'pickle packs' that are the size of individual applesauce containers. those would work well.

in canada, you can get dill flavored potato chips. I think in the US you can get pickle pringles, but maybe only in the big cans.

bnm

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 1:50 am
pobody's nerfect wrote:
I forgot which brand it is, but I know they make little 'pickle packs' that are the size of individual applesauce containers. those would work well.

can you find out? I would love to get those to keep at home.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 1:15 pm
Many moons ago, they sold pickles packed in plastic baggies, (like chip bags). I was always grossed out by them, but a friend of mine used to buy them all the time, they might still make them!

azoy

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 3:10 pm
bnm wrote:
pobody's nerfect wrote:

can you find out? I would love to get those to keep at home.

Mt. Olive -- http://www.mtolivepickles.com/.....les/#

OP and everyone else, they do still sell kosher pickles in bags- https://pickleinapouch.alice.com/ (u can see the OU in some pix)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics