Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Shabbos Sheva Bracho (Friday Night) Help.
Previous  1  2

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 3:30 pm
Thanks, nice idea - I'll go take a look!

Blueberry Muffin

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 8:26 pm
ttbtbm wrote:
, defrost some sherbert and spread in a pan then do the same with parve vanilla ice cream, freeze then scoop into balls (you can prepare in advance like the regular sherbert) it's pretty and tastes good too! Dessert ideas are endless!

ooh!! that sounds really nice!!!
gonna try that one time!

DREAMING

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 10:43 pm
sweet and sour salmon

amother

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 11:05 pm
I did Friday night Sheva Brachos and we had a pretty traditional menu. If I remember the details correctly, here's what we did!

papergoods- We used square hard plastic plates with fake silverware and "like linen" gray and white design paper napkins. Tables had simple white cloths with navy tulle runners. We had small candle glasses filled with roses and navy baby's breath and then a large white hydrangea centerpiece with navy baby's breath on the table, matching flowers and floating candles near candle-lighting area. (If you remember, it's nice to have a Yehi Ratzon near the candles for the kallah to use!)

fish course- sliced gefilte fish arranged nicely on platters (bed of lettuce, with cooked carrots, etc.), Israeli salad, crunchy cole slaw, small plastic square dishes with mayo and chrain

soup course- butternut squash, small dishes on table with croutons and terra sticks

main course- roast, shnitzel, potato kugel, mini maple lukshen kugels, tossed salad (all not plated, was much easier to put in platters/bowls for serving)

dessert- buffet table, since we invited other couples. assorted cakes and cookies on platters, cut fresh fruit platters/lg glass trifle-style bowls, candy in small dishes.

drinks- water pitchers, sodas, wine (navy moscato, and don't forget shot glasses!)

Mazal Tov!

Anon, so that if they haven't already done so, my sisters don't figure out my id! LOL

amother

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 11:07 pm
* Sorry, I'm the amother above. The roses were white and forgot to mention that the napkins were rolled and tied with navy ribbons! Very Happy

Sonia

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 1:50 pm
Sounds beautiful and delicious! I like the idea of navy and white.
Did you take pics before shabbos, that you can post?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics