Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Any "Yated" readers here? Share Thoughts
Previous  1  2

Simple1

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 10:06 am
They print the letters because it gets people to buy the paper - and it seems to be working for them.

married21

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 12:58 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I stopped buying it when I realized I was only reading readers Write and bayla busta. no one likes bayla busta??? I wish she had a blog...

Isn’t Balya Busta a cutsie pseudonym for C.B. Weinfeld?

I happen to enjoy her articles too…

The letters to the Editor is really something else. The kind of letters they publish really amaze me. I enjoy reading them though, so I guess I won’t complain. (The many different crisis being discussed LOL )

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 12:58 am
yes, of courrse, it's c.b. weinfeld.

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 11:30 pm
Bayla Busta is gr8 and they have a new column by her interviewing extraordinary ppl. I used to like Reader's Write but now with Hamodia's new stuff I find I have no time for the Yated and stopped buying it

bashinda

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 9:03 pm
I love the CB Weinfeld courage articles. It almost makes up for no more Malky Feig columns. (sniff). Every week I was looking to see if another article until I found out she's not writing anymore (I think from you actually, ILOVELIFE [: )

Does anyone of the Yated readers remember some years back when someone complained about animal crackers and about how maybe we shouldn't be giving our children cookies shaped of treyf animals and how the next week people totally made fun of the poor guy. I felt bad for him but the letters were hilarious.

I actually was content with Yated when I stopped buying Hamodia. Now we get both and I have no clue how to read both. Maybe it's my Litvishe side coming out. Rabbi Leff is my favorite columnist and his articles gets read usually right after Reader's Write and yes, I admit it, Libby Lazewnick.

That makes sense that Bayla Busta is CB Weinfeld. Never would have figured it out on my own though.

I also would buy a Binni Blitz book.

Tova

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 10:52 pm
Yes, bashinda, I DO remember that pretty vividly!

I do like anything by Bayla Busta and I really like the new Shidduch Forum (as well as the Chinuch Panel). I always pose the questions to my husband and then read the answers and tell him who agrees w/ him!

manyhats

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 11:13 pm
Tova, That sounds so cozy!

Does that qualify as a Dvar Torah?

Bracha

Tova

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 12:06 am
manyhats wrote:
Tova, That sounds so cozy!

Does that qualify as a Dvar Torah?

Bracha

You sound like my MIL! After a long drawn out meal we are finally are ready for bentching and she says - "Wait. Did we have a dvar Torah?" Then my FIL has to mention all the points that came up during the meal in coversation that qualify as a dvar Torah to show that we are yotzei.

But it is a fun way to read through the panel-type columns.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 8:27 am
[quote="Tova"]Yes, bashinda, I DO remember that pretty vividly!]

And don't forget the animal cracker crumbs in the guest linens left on the bed/stripped by girl feeling the crunch of the shidduch crisis.

chavamom

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 10:03 am
marina wrote:
we got a subscription for a gift and it was a traumatic year. I can't imagine paying money for that.

That. It was 13 years ago and people tell me it has changed for the better, but every time I pick one up, I think "nope, not for me".

chavamom

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 10:05 am
married21 wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
I stopped buying it when I realized I was only reading readers Write and bayla busta. no one likes bayla busta??? I wish she had a blog...

Isn’t Balya Busta a cutsie pseudonym for C.B. Weinfeld?

I happen to enjoy her articles too…

The letters to the Editor is really something else. The kind of letters they publish really amaze me. I enjoy reading them though, so I guess I won’t complain. (The many different crisis being discussed LOL )

The letters frighten me particularly.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room