Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please keep your children safe!

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 12:53 pm
I have always insisted that my children never be in a moving car without being properly strapped into a car seat. Not even for a minute. I have been ridiculed for this. I have some relatives who begged me to hold my screaming baby in their car. They thought I was nuts when I refused.

Well, yesterday my child's life was saved by his car seat. My life was saved by my seat belt, which I always wear while in a moving car, even when I'm in the back seat of the car. Upon hearing this, one relative repeated her usual line: "But you know there are some cases where the seatbelt makes it worse." I responded my usual answer: "That happens in .01% of all car accidents. The other 99.9% of the time, seat belts help."

Another relative said, "Nach A Mazal he was in his car seat." Well, it wasn't Nach a Mazal, it was Nach a Mommy who insists on playing it safe. These are our children's lives and our own which we are held accountable for. It's worth the few minutes it takes to ensure that they are properly strapped in. If you want to make sure it's done properly, there are places where they will check for you and show you how to do it. Being too lazy to bother is a life threatening crime.

frumluv

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 12:57 pm
Very well said!

lollygirl

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 2:34 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
I have always insisted that my children never be in a moving car without being properly strapped into a car seat. Not even for a minute. I have been ridiculed for this. I have some relatives who begged me to hold my screaming baby in their car. They thought I was nuts when I refused.

Well, yesterday my child's life was saved by his car seat. My life was saved by my seat belt, which I always wear while in a moving car, even when I'm in the back seat of the car. Upon hearing this, one relative repeated her usual line: "But you know there are some cases where the seatbelt makes it worse." I responded my usual answer: "That happens in .01% of all car accidents. The other 99.9% of the time, seat belts help."

Another relative said, "Nach A Mazal he was in his car seat." Well, it wasn't Nach a Mazal, it was Nach a Mommy who insists on playing it safe. These are our children's lives and our own which we are held accountable for. It's worth the few minutes it takes to ensure that they are properly strapped in. If you want to make sure it's done properly, there are places where they will check for you and show you how to do it. Being too lazy to bother is a life threatening crime.

Thumbs Up
You couldn't have said it better. So glad that you and your baby are B"H OK...and how lucky your child is to have such a wise mommy Smile

morah

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 3:36 pm
the world's best mom wrote:

Cheers And that relative of yours, reminds me of those people who say smoking can't be that bad because their great-uncle Milton was a 2-pack a day smoker and lived to be 103 Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics