Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
ISO long curly sheitel - are you happy with yours?

jflower

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 9:58 am
I've been thinking about changing my look. All my sheitels are straight, and I'd like to try a curly sheitel next. My own hair is curly so I hope that care of a curly sheitel will be manageable. I'd like it to be long, past shoulder length, and preferable all one length (not layered.)

Can anyone recommend a brand that has nice curly sheitels? Any idea about price?

Thanks for any info.

Happy18

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 7:51 pm
I've been considering getting a curly sheitel also. However, everyone I talk to tries to convince me not too. I still want one though...

chaniey

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 8:28 pm
I've had terribly luck with curly sheitels. It's very hard to find a good one...They look good at first and then get frizzy and look like a mop after a bit.

sky

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 8:29 pm
I also wanted one and was convinced out it. I ended up with one with lots of waves.

Do a search for curly sheitels.

Curly sheitels with pictures:
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....art=0
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....rt=20
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....rt=20

I'm sure others can add new information I just figured there was a lot of info in those threads.

jflower

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 9:13 pm
sky, thanks for the links to those old threads. I did a quick search earlier for 'curly wig' and 'curly sheitel' and got 0 results so wasn't able to see those old threads.

For some reason, the quick search is working now. I did read that some people were happy with their curly Milanos, but have read other threads about problems with Milano so am afraid to go there.

curlytop

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 9:34 pm
I ONLY wear curly wigs, I love Chani Weisel's

granolamom

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 9:51 pm
I have no regrets going back to curly. my hair is curly and straight wigs always had me feeling like I looked like 'not me'

I have a curly wig (shoulder length) by lauren, it does get a bit frizzy in the summer, but not terribly so. It is easy as pie to take care of. I wash it, scrunch it and let it air dry. spray with spray gel if I'm in the mood. spray and scrunch with water before I put it on.

I also have a slightly longer curly fall by clary, which does not hold the curl very well. it gets frizzy pretty quick. but it was alot cheaper than lauren's, so I guess you get what you pay for.

I've also had frieda's which I strongly recommend you avoid. they did not hold up well.

jflower

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:18 am
granolamom, I know someone who bought a curly freeda wig about 8 years ago, and she's thrilled with it. I saw her recently and the sheitel is still beautiful.

The thing is that I think the freeda long sheitels are over $2k, and I really wanted to find something more affordable.

curlytop, do you have contact info for chana wiezel? where is she located?

saw50st8

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:22 am
curlytop wrote:
I ONLY wear curly wigs, I love Chani Weisel's

My sister just got one from her and is super happy (it looks beautiful too). My cousin had one from her for a long time and it still looks great.

Chani Wiesel has a place in Monsey and Brooklyn. I don't have her contact info on me.

gulash

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 12:49 pm
I have a long(past my shoulders) curly wig from Sara Taichman (Sarai Wigs). Ive had the wig for 3yrs. The wig is naturally curly and not treated in any way (perm or chemicals). Therefore, it acts like real curls...a bit frizzy when its humid etc. However, it is easily dealt with as you would your own hair. Mousse, water, spray gel etc etc.

Sara Taichman is located right now is Crown Heights, NY but travels to the 5 Towns on a regular basis. Not sure where you are located... I highly recommend her wigs and her customer service is amazing!

Goldilocks007

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 6:18 am
I have a very curly and long fall that I received from my mother in law as a wedding present. I love it, but it is very hard to take care of. My own hair is very curly and the curl and colour of the fall match my own hair almost perfectly. It was custom made for my in LA, however, I have since been referred to Zippy Banai wigs in B'nei Barak who make very good curly sheitels. The most important lesson I have learned with my fall is that in order to keep the curl and the look fresh it has to be constantly washed. I wash mine on average every three times I wear it. If not, the bottom of it get really tangled and knotty. If you want more information please PM me. Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels