Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Best wedding hairstyle for 4.5 yr old

amother

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 7:31 pm
Ladies,

My bil is getting married in the next few days and I just can't decide if I should go with her hair up or let it loose. Her hair is about 2-3 inches past her shoulders and I purchased accessories that could work both ways. Just an added note, the wedding will be taking place about 1 1/2-2 hrs away from where I live so the fact that it should stay decent is also something I'm worrying about. (yeh, I know this should be one of my simpler problems:) )

So what's the general consensus for hairstyles at this age... advice?

Thanks!

granolamom

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 7:37 pm
I'd just go with her hair down and a nice headband, or even in a ponytail with a nice band if she usually wears a ponytail. I like little girls looking like little girls. but that's just me.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 8:07 pm
granolamom wrote:
I'd just go with her hair down and a nice headband, or even in a ponytail with a nice band if she usually wears a ponytail. I like little girls looking like little girls. but that's just me.

op here,
I like little girls looking like little girls too. She usually wears a pony to school bec. if not then her hair gets messy from food and crafts. However she also looks adorable in long hair too. I'm debating between a hair bow and some bottle curls or a childish updo with a hair band.. Can't decide which will hold better and which one she'd look better in.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 9:33 am
anyone else want to chime in?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 9:35 am
As long as she doesn't look like a mini kalla in long gown and complicated hairdo, I say everything can be nice!

girliemom

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 9:36 am
up-do's tend to hold better and last longer than down do's in my experience.

OhWow!

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 9:38 am
A side low pony with a big flower and height on top would probably look adorable. I see that around all the time I love that style!

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 9:47 am
My 4 yr old sister for my wedding had her hair (shoulder length) down with a few loose curls and cute little flower clips pulling the hair from her face one on each side.
She looked a doll!

small bean

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 10:16 am
my dd when she was 3 wore it down with a 1/2 pony. her hair was probably the same length your describing. the pony I think was curled and she had a bow coming from it... I find all up to much on such little girls. I will try to post pics of it.

shoshina

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 6:45 am
Since she has to keep it looking nice through a car trip, and then be in pictures, I would say whatever holds the style best. If you spray those curls and also put in a headband, it should still look good, but I have seen a lot of little girls start out a wedding with beautiful curls and end up with a frizzy mess from the dancing, sometimes with cake stuck to the ends!

CatLady

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 6:56 am
I'd get a headband and let her wear her hair loose. After watching "Toddlers and Tiaras", I am all for the more natural look. Especially if she has nice natural waves in her hair, a lovely floral headband with a streamer would be so pretty.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 4:20 pm
op here,

Thank you ladies for all your responses. Just to update you, I went with the down do (hair stylist also recommended it) and she looked adorable. However since we were stuck in traffic for 3 hrs (instead of 1.15 1 1/2 hr tops) my daughter promptly fell asleep, lying down on the seat, and that was the end of all the curls. (We arrived after pictures and chuppah Mad anyhow ) She still looked gorgeous though! Lesson learnt, always leave your house an hour earlier than necessary!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics