Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
If your child refuses to eat supper...

amother

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 8:27 pm
what do you do? would you let the child go to sleep without food? it usually doesnt happen, he usually doesnt eat a lot, but at least something. today he decided he doesnt like the food & ate MAYBE 2 sm. pcs chicken, got dressed in pj's himself & went into bed. do I need to worry? what would you do in sucha situation?

as a btw, he was complaining twice of a stomach ache, but not at the time I gave supper.

mammala120

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 9:28 pm
he probably does have stomach bug or indigestion from something he ate in school. is it only today or everyday???

obagys

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 9:32 pm
Sure sounds to me like he's not feeling well if he put himself to bed.

Maybe leave some crackers and water by his bed in case he decides he's hungry, but otherwise, I'd leave him be if this is a one time thing. Sometimes my kids also get tummy aches and don't eat dinner. There's no need to worry when skipping just one meal. If this is routine for him, then I would be concerned.

Tova

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 9:57 pm
I look at their whole day's consumption and see if I'm happy. If my son ate two bowls of cereal and milk for breakfast, his lunch bag mainly came back empty (the Morahs are very good at sending back uneated food) and had a fruit or crackers and peanut butter later in the day, I am not concerned if he is not hungry for the chicken I made for dinner. But if I am not satisfied with what they ate over the day I do try to cajole and get them to eat more before they go to bed. Often I'll just scramble an egg or two and then I can rest easy about their food consumption.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 9:16 pm
I agree with obagys. If it's a one-time occurance and he put himself to bed he's probably not feeling so well. I wouldn't worry about his food right now. Besides, when he gets hungry enough he'll ask for food.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 8:39 am
Thanks all for calming me. I felt so guilty. You were all so right. He has a virus that's going around the area now. Hope he'll get beTter soon.

shlomitsmum

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 9:05 am
I leave a PBAJ wrapped on a napkin in the fridge and don't take it to heart ... My philosophy is "no forcing kids to eat" they can feel if they are hungry on their own....BTW ,and the only time this happens is when they are really sick or comming down with some nasty bug.

Atali

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 12:41 pm
What if your kid always refuses to eat during the day and then gets hungry at bedtime?

My six-year-old does this every single night without exception. I usually do not allow him to get out of bed and eat then and give him only a small snack in bed instead. But he really doesn't eat much and is very skinny so I am wondering if I should just let him eat anyway?

What should I do?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics