Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Who is good for multi-toned blondes at a normal price in NY?

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 7:23 am
Who have those who wear the multi-toned medium blonde (darker than 24/14/12 and lighter than 16/10, with lots of shades) bought by? Or a 10ish back with a heavily highlighted front.

nicole81

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 8:24 am
for a "normal price"? I wish I knew!

I've heard shevy is the best for blonds but that may not be what you're looking at pricewise.

tori has a pretty good selection of blonds as far as the lower priced options go. they have a couple of interesting pieces with tons of different blond shades in them.

Earnest

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 7:51 pm
A newly wed had a sheitel that had such gorgeous, subtle shades of blonde that it took my breath away. I asked her, and she told me she had it specially dye/high-lighted by somebody who takeh 'specialized' in jazzing up (dye) blonde shaitels. I'd love to learn how to do that. Figure I'd have to work on real (girls') hair first before I'd have expertise with shaitels. 'lifting' color on wigs is a whole different ball game than changing/deepening/dimension-izing a brunette shaitel.

nicole81

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 8:12 pm
Earnest wrote:
A newly wed had a sheitel that had such gorgeous, subtle shades of blonde that it took my breath away. I asked her, and she told me she had it specially dye/high-lighted by somebody who takeh 'specialized' in jazzing up (dye) blonde shaitels. I'd love to learn how to do that. Figure I'd have to work on real (girls') hair first before I'd have expertise with shaitels. 'lifting' color on wigs is a whole different ball game than changing/deepening/dimension-izing a brunette shaitel.

I do have to say that with blonds, even sending to someone who specializes in coloring wigs is risky. some blond sheitals have gone through so much processing that there is no telling what further treatment of the hair will yield. so in order to enlist someone to do the job you mentioned, you have to at least have a quality wig first.

I know from my own experience, one blond wig that I own has easily taken to color changing and highlighting, whereas another (cheap) piece was completely ruined by more processing. then I tried to bring a third piece to a place I trusted, and they said they don't even take blonds anymore (except for their own wigs) because you never know what is going with a blond sheital.

so... I wouldn't just buy any old blond piece and rely on someone to fix it to my liking. however, the idea does sound really interesting and useful if are certain that your sheital has good hair.

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 7:33 am
nicole81 wrote:

I've heard shevy is the best for blonds but that may not be what you're looking at pricewise.

tori has a pretty good selection of blonds as far as the lower priced options go. they have a couple of interesting pieces with tons of different blond shades in them.
Do you consider the Tori wigs good European hair?

mosma

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 8:01 am
miriam tsinman in monsey did a fantastic job on my blonde. I get comments on how fantastic the color is all the time.

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 8:22 am
mosma wrote:
miriam tsinman in monsey did a fantastic job on my blonde. I get comments on how fantastic the color is all the time.
Thanks, thats too far though.

nicole81

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 12:29 pm
Mevater wrote:
nicole81 wrote:

Do you consider the Tori wigs good European hair?

it's all relative, isn't it? shuly, shevy, and the like most probably have better hair (might even be unprocessed...) but "processed" hair can have a range, from simply dyed to completely stripped of the cuticle and treated with silicone. tori wigs have the cuticle intact which is a must. there are some cheaper brands that sell "european hair wigs" that have been through the stripping process and don't last very long. I wouldn't bother with those.

I don't know how processed tori wigs are; you can call them and see what they say. nor do I know about their longevity, but I do like them because of their exchange policy. I personally got a wig from them that I was very happy with in the store, but after a few days the style didn't hold and the hair felt coarser. I was glad that I could come back a week later and start from scratch. and with the new wig, they gave me 30 days to return from the date of the exchange, not from the original purchase. so technically I could keep returning until I got it right.

sky

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 5:53 pm
Mevater wrote:
Who have those who wear the multi-toned medium blonde (darker than 24/14/12 and lighter than 16/10, with lots of shades) bought by? Or a 10ish back with a heavily highlighted front.

Are you near Lakewood?
I know people who are thrilled with blonds from Miriam Wolpin's own line. I know one blond who only goes to her because her sheitels are very reasonably priced and look nice for the money.

Mevater

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 6:13 pm
sky wrote:
Mevater wrote:

Are you near Lakewood?
I know people who are thrilled with blonds from Miriam Wolpin's own line. I know one blond who only goes to her because her sheitels are very reasonably priced and look nice for the money.
Thanks. Im in Brooklyn but I have close relatives in Lakewood. Do you know if theyre European hair and around what price?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels