Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Small genes?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 15 2011, 12:33 am
Took DD to the Dr. for a well-kid check up and its the second time she tells me she's small. (Short and doesn't weigh enough). Did any of u have this? What can I do promote growth? Could she just be built small? Tnx Smile

amother

Post Tue, Mar 15 2011, 8:29 am
You can't over ride genes. What you can do, is maximize your dd's potential to reach her genetically programmed size. She has to be eating right, sleeping well, getting enough exercise, taking vitamins and minerals etc... There's really no way to know how big/small your d is "supposed" to be, so Dr.'s often use the normed charts as a guideline, which isn't so accurate for many people. It's probably more accurate to try to estimate your dd's appropriate size based on her parents' sizes (are both you and dh short and naturally thin?). There are also quite a few medical conditions that can interfere with a person's growth, so you eventually may want her tested (you didn't say how old she is, but they test for different things at different ages).

amother

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 12:50 am
DD is 2 yrs old BH. I was a big baby but am a smaller adult. I have a sister who was small as a child and is taller than me now!
How much sleep does she need? What nutrition aspects/foods can help her grow?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics