Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Coupon Shopping
Previous  1  2  3

egam

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 8:59 am
goodgirl wrote:
I went to walgreens yesterday and bought the renu solution that is on sale for 9.99, get 9.99 register rewards. I used the $2 off manufacturers coupon, but when I wanted to pay with a $2 RR I received from a previous purchase, they said I cant do that bec then there are two manufacturer coupons!!! I dont know how everyone is able to get stuff for free if they dont let u use RR with other coupons?!? I ended up getting it without using hte RR but will they let me return it and Ill try a diff walgreens??

In Walgreens you can not use more coupons than items you are buying. And they view RR as regular coupons. It's very annoying and used to be much better with single check rebates. Right now I have 3 RR totaled $7 and can only use one of them on $10 thing I need in Walgreens.

goodgirl

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 9:10 am
delete

Last edited by goodgirl on Tue, Apr 05 2011, 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Happy Mom

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 7:01 pm
egam wrote:
goodgirl wrote:
I went to walgreens yesterday and bought the renu solution that is on sale for 9.99, get 9.99 register rewards. I used the $2 off manufacturers coupon, but when I wanted to pay with a $2 RR I received from a previous purchase, they said I cant do that bec then there are two manufacturer coupons!!! I dont know how everyone is able to get stuff for free if they dont let u use RR with other coupons?!? I ended up getting it without using hte RR but will they let me return it and Ill try a diff walgreens??

In Walgreens you can not use more coupons than items you are buying. And they view RR as regular coupons. It's very annoying and used to be much better with single check rebates. Right now I have 3 RR totaled $7 and can only use one of them on $10 thing I need in Walgreens.

When Walgreens did this, it the final straw for me and couponing. CVS was already a washout because they never had whatever the money maker was in stock (the store manager told me he made his orders six weeks in advance, and wasn't told what would be on sale until a week ahead, so usually there were only 2 or 3 of the money makers available to start with; he had no way to order extra to accomodate demand). I discovered the new Walgreens rule a year ago after doing some complicated purchases to earn the RR to buy dipes with. I went in with $25 of RR ($5 each RR) and wanted to use it on $25 of diapers. Nope, had to use one per package and it ended up a lot more expensive because of this. Grrr.

BoomChickaPop

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 7:01 pm
saw, am I a total failure? I had 9.99 back from the lense solution and 5 from the fabreeze and 4 off of 20 and when I went to the store on friday then cheerios was on sale 2/$5 and that is something that we actually need, so I bought 8 boxes and only paid $1. there wasn't anything that I saw that would give me money back that would have paid to get Sad

saw50st8

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 6:15 pm
HappyHome wrote:
saw, am I a total failure? I had 9.99 back from the lense solution and 5 from the fabreeze and 4 off of 20 and when I went to the store on friday then cheerios was on sale 2/$5 and that is something that we actually need, so I bought 8 boxes and only paid $1. there wasn't anything that I saw that would give me money back that would have paid to get Sad

You are NOT a failure. Some weeks are better than others.

This week's CVS deals are here:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/s.....24422

There are coupons for thermacare heat wraps (they come in handy!) which make them a money maker, and Revlon makeup, Listerine would be free after ECB and coupon.

This week at Walgreens is dismal. I have to burn a bunch of RR.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 6:45 pm
I went to the link and am unclear. What is ecb? I googled it and got a lot about the European Bank ;-) Googled ecb cvs and got a lot of blogs that I can't open due to filters, and other things that still didn't clarify. Thanks!

saw50st8

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 7:18 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I went to the link and am unclear. What is ecb? I googled it and got a lot about the European Bank ;-) Googled ecb cvs and got a lot of blogs that I can't open due to filters, and other things that still didn't clarify. Thanks!

ECB is extra care bucks. It's CVS version of cash. Here is a good beginners guide:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/s.....76935

You can also check out iheartcvs.com

goodgirl

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 11:58 am
delete

Last edited by goodgirl on Tue, Apr 05 2011, 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total

myprincess

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 12:57 pm
goodgirl wrote:
saw50st8, I just wanted to really thank you for opening my eyes to the couponing world!! I have found that it has made a tremendous difference in our budget--for the better!! I have only been following slickdeals for about a month now, but ive gotten tons of shampoos, conditioners, toothbrushes, toothpastes and so much more by only paying the tax!! (sometimes a little bit more than that, but not much!) I cant believe I used to go to costco and buy paper towels for $20 and toilet paper for $16 and thought I got a major bargain!!

so again, thanx sooooo much!!! I really appreciate it!!

your great how did you manage that, I gave up I decided its too hard for me. could you tell me in which store you did your shopping at?

goodgirl

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 2:58 pm
delete

Last edited by goodgirl on Tue, Apr 05 2011, 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 20 2011, 5:26 pm
I'm really intrigued by couponing possibilities. One of the things I read about in one of these shopforfree type books (that phrase was in the title) was coupon clipping services. I understand how they work, and why they're fairly cheap but my question is:
Where do THEY get all their coupons?

saw50st8

Post Sun, Mar 20 2011, 7:15 pm
I have no idea :-)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics