Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Games with broken boxes

Simple1

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 5:48 pm
My game closet is a mess. Mainly it's the broken boxes. Some of them I taped with clear packaging tape, but a lot are beyond repair. Anyone have ideas how to neatly store the games without the boxes it came in?

cc

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 6:24 pm
Large ziplock bags? Matching tupperware or its cheap equivalent. If theyre all the same size they should stack nicely.

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 6:29 pm
Depends what kind of games, they come in all different shapes with different pieces... get a bunch of containers and baskets that stack well, cut a side off each game box to put in/on the box/basket so you can see what's inside, and repackage everything. For a bunch of games that have few pieces, stack the boards, put the pieces in baggies, and put all the baggies into one box/basket.

Simple1

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 9:43 pm
Thanks for the suggestions! I thought it would be hard to find containers the size of a game board, but I will go check the stores to see what they have. I like the idea of stacking it into one box, and using ziplock bags for the pieces.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 10:26 pm
http://www.amazon.com/OBH-Ente.....s_t_1

There are 3 different kinds of boxes - blue, yellow and purple (maybe more?) different games fit in the different boxes, so be sure to read the blurb before buying.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 10:26 pm
and comes with the stickers that say which game it is.

Simple1

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 11:04 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/OBH-Enterprises-Electric-Blue-Saver/dp/B000Y9MGC2/ref=pd_sbs_t_1

There are 3 different kinds of boxes - blue, yellow and purple (maybe more?) different games fit in the different boxes, so be sure to read the blurb before buying.

Those look great! The only thing is now I have to figure out how much is worth it to spend before I just buy a new game.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics