Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
VERY belated thank you cards

amother

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 10:56 pm
I received a baby present from relatives about six months ago and never sent them a thank you card embarrassed. To make it worse, these relatives are not frum. I am terribly embarrassed. No good excuse - just overwhelmed with baby and college.

So here are my three options:
Send no thank you card and just pretend it never happened.
Send a thank you card with an apology for belatedness.
Send a thank you card without mentioning belatedness.

What would be the most appropriate?

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 12:43 am
Send thank you card with no mention of belatedness. But send it today!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 9:40 am
Go ahead and send the thank you note. Write from the heart. How much you use the gift and have enjoyed it, and brachos for nachas and health, etc. It WILL be appreciated.
And, mazal tov! (Is it too late for that? Tongue Out )

gp2.0

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 9:44 am
Everyone understands that after a baby you're super busy and possibly overwhelmed. Send it, no need to apologize!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 9:19 pm
I have been known to send thank you notes YEARS late if there were extenuating circumstances or someone's gift just slipped through the cracks - sometimes I find the card I[ve written but never addressed the envelope and it never got sent. In those cases I do send the cards VERY VERY belatedly. I write a little note onthe outside of the envelope that says something like "better late than never! I just found this card was never mailed. My apologies!" with a smiley face. I do think people appreciate thank yous even when extremely late.

6 months after a baby is no big deal at all!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette