Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much do your matzos cost?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 4:01 pm
We ordered ours - NIS 150/kg for RaShaM (machine ground flour) and NIS 195/kg for RaSHI (hand ground flour): shmura, Eida Chareidis. But we eat machine the rest of the week.

Please include hechsher, chumros, hand/machine, shmura/not.

obagys

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 4:05 pm
We ordered 2lbs of hand shmura matza (I think it was $17.99/lb) and I bought 6lbs of machine shmura @ $6.99/lb. We'll be home for one seder and some meals.

3mitzvos

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 4:54 pm
I think we paid around 160 shekels per kilo of shmurah, hand-made, chaburah matzah. I guess the hechsher would be the chaburah? We'll be eating only this matzah all 7 days....

workingmom3

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 11:41 pm
$25 a pound!! and I bought 12 pounds- my husband has lots of chumras and bakes his own matzah at the matzah bakery.

hila

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 2:26 am
We buy machine shmura for seder - about 90sh for 2kg.

We use the mehadrin for the rest of teh week - about 45sh for 2kg I think, though prices may be higher this year.

For those who eat regular rabbanut matza it is about 25sh for 2.5kg usually, and this year Rami lEvy is supposed to be selling it for 1sh /pack for some minimum purchase

Marion

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 2:37 am
We're not buying this year (don't judge, keep reading).

However, usually we spend 80NIS on a kilo of hand Chabad matzot for the seder (they're a little chewier; we like them).
We use machine shmura for the rest of the week. I have a pound of (unopened) whole wheat Rakusen's that I treated myself to last year for 30NIS (I think)...I bought 2 boxes but we only used one. I also have one of the green "Matzot Yerushalayim" kilo boxes...it's shmurah, and it's eida, but it's "only" 18NIS for the kilo box instead of 40NIS for the kilo box by the same company that's ivory with red labelling. I can't tell the difference (they're both shmurah) so I bought the cheaper one. Again, we never opened it, so as per my LOR, I put it away completely sealed and we're using that this year.

(Yes, I know there are shittot that say you can't do this. We asked, and this is what we were told. No bashing please.)

We just don't eat a lot of matzah. The kilo from the seder usually lasts for more than the seder, and everyone eats that until they're done because they like the taste better.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 3:58 am
22$ a lb . Husband went with Chaburah through shul for seder. Rest of Pesach we get hand shmurah from friends.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics