Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Seeking Matza Brei Tips

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 10:01 am
Hey all you experienced "matza brei-ers" please post your tips for mouth watering matza brei. Mine is just so plain.

Thanks.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 10:08 am
okay ... I personally do not like matza brie but I can make 2 kinds ... whip egg with garlic & pepper add the matzoh and fry

whip egg with a little milk cinamon & sugar ... add matzoh and fry ... you can serve this one with jelly ... my kids call it pesach french toast ...

but some of us don't eat gebrocht ...

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 10:12 am
So what's a good ratio of eggs to matza? Also do you break it up while its cooking like scrambled eggs or cook it in one big lump like an omlet?

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 10:20 am
okay ... I'm a little ocd ... I make everyone their own separate one as if I'm making eggs in the morning ... I will put 2 eggs and 1 1/2 matzohs I believe per person ... I break the matzoh put into liquid and sort of lightly scramble every so often to make sure every thing gets cooked ...

madys

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 10:47 am
I make matzo brei A LOT - after every fast, and MANY times on pesach - and sometimes motzei shabbos during the year......

ratio - 2 eggs to 4 square machine mazo

in a big bowl add eggs, 1/4 cup milk, salt pepper, garlic powder, mix well
rinse matzo under running water to get damp, then crumble into egg mixture, one piece at a time.

Mix all together, and add to a hot pan with a drop of oil in it, and fry until done.

Enjoy and Chag Sameach!!!

faigie

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 10:48 am
heres how I do it.
break up a board of matzo, and soak in water or 30 sec. no more .
drain it,, and add one egg per board.
fry it up and spice it up either sweet. sugar and cinnamom . or savory.. salt and pepper and fried onions.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 1:15 pm
mmmmm - thanks for your tips. I'll let you know how breakfast turns out tomorrow.

lotte

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 1:18 pm
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
mmmmm - thanks for your tips. I'll let you know how breakfast turns out tomorrow.

tomorrow?I thought you are not allowed to eat matzoh from Purim until Pesach-am I wrong?

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 1:39 pm
Ten, I'm making it for the kids, but my husband and I don't eat matza from R'Ch Nissan.

I think there are many opinions for when to stop eating matza, the most lenient being don't eat it the morning of erev Pesach.

What else do you feed the kids for breakfast? They won't eat the passover cereal... yogurt isn't terribly filling....

open to ideas.....

saw50st8

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 8:16 am
bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics