Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Menus: pre Pesach in your Pesach kitchen

supermama2

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 6:03 am
Ok so can you give me some new ideas? I want to turn my kitchen over by this Sunday but I need some ideas for what to cook that week. Thanks a billion!

coffee

anonymom

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 6:15 am
deli and french fries

meat sauce and mashed potatoes

scrambled eggs and veggie soup

fish and chips

abound

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 6:26 am
tuna sandwich with veggie platter
grilled cheese
hot dogs in buns and french fries

Liba

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 6:32 am
BBQ. My plan is: BBQing chicken and potatoes one day, hot dogs and zucchini another day and hamburgers and sweet potato chip a third day.

Now I just have to get charcoal or it won't happen. Smile

Isramom8

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 6:43 am
Mainly bbq hotdogs for us, since part-used packages are what I found in the frost when the freezer defrosted. We have about 100 hotdogs. I kept buying more!

This afternoon I used up two half-bags of macaroni (one white and one whole wheat).

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 8:44 am
I'm going to try to do some cooking and freezing. So far I have meat sauce to defrost and reheat in my chametzdik crockpot. (Do noodles defrost well?) On board are pizza and cheese bread (KBD for kids) to defrost and reheat in the microwave. I also bought a few packages of pita for nuked pita pizza.

elmos

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 11:00 am
typical suppers growing up once my mothered kashered were
roasted chicken with potato, sweet pot. , carrot, onion and maybe zuch
burgers and hotdogs
meatballs with or with out sauce
steak and baked potato
you can slso do
duck sauce chicken
meatloaf
sheperds pie
we allways had a fresh salad and potato salad with all these suppers some suppers had roasted potatos baked potato or french frys

good luck

supermama2

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 11:39 am
Phew..thanks! Glad to know it's doable! This is my first Pesach in Israel and it's been hard to get my head straight as things are a tad different than my regular routine in America.

Inspired

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 11:59 am
We enjoy veggie- chicken stir fry made with lots of veggies and hot pepper. We take it out on the porch in a foil pan and eat it in rolls.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 12:00 pm
meatballs and spaghetti squash
franks and potatoes
burgers and fries

You can buy buns, lafa, etc... and make sandwiches and wraps outside to eat along with the pesachdig main and veggie.

pobody's nerfect

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 1:11 pm
just need to point out that some of us can't eat outside because IT'S STILL SNOWING where we live.

**kvetch!**

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 1:16 pm
pobody's nerfect wrote:
just need to point out that some of us can't eat outside because IT'S STILL SNOWING where we live.

**kvetch!**
Sorry Sad

How about the hallway? Can you clean that last? That's what we did growing up (if only we had a hallway now...)

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 1:55 pm
pobody's nerfect wrote:

**kvetch!**

Snowing? Oy, we had flurries today. But if you live somewhere where it's still snowing, you're probably hardy enough to kick everyone out once it hits 45 ;-)

pobody's nerfect

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 8:27 pm
we live in a 2-bedroom apartment, so I'm not starting the cleaning to early anyhow.
though we are be"h renting out a 2nd apartment, directly across from ours. we'll be getting the keys at the end of this week, hopefully- and no chametz will be allowed in there!
I'll be able to use that kitchen as my 'pesach kitchen' for this year, though after that I'll be transferring my regular kitchen over there. I'm excited!

p.s.- it didn't actually snow here in the past while. they're just predicting more....

dGirl

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 11:50 pm
Pobody, did you get snow this past Sunday night? cuz we did Wink

twokidstwo

Post Sun, Apr 10 2011, 1:53 pm
[quote="SarahO."]Ok so can you give me some new ideas? I want to turn my kitchen over by this Sunday but I need some ideas for what to cook that week. Thanks a billion!

various recipes are attached. I hope you can open the attachment.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 10 2011, 5:16 pm
SarahO, did you turn over yet? Hatzlacha.
Did you mention what kind of chometzdik equipment you may have, like a microwave, toaster oven, etc.?
If you can, serving chometz is great for morale; the kids won't feel like there's an extra week or two of Pesach. That's given rise to filling, yet a bit ersatz suppers like soup cups and string cheese or yogurt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics