Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
So upset. cleaning lady threatened to quit
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 1:25 am
don't let her rule you

I also hire a lady for this kind of stuff
a few weeks ago I put an ad in the paper looking for someone as I had more work then the 4 hours my lady could give me.

She called me all insulted that I put an ad out - I told her I had more laundry then she has time to fold and she doesn't have any extra time and now before pesach I need extra help.
She told me I can't have 2 people folding my laundry.
I was planning on keeping her and taking someone in addition but once she decided 2 people can't fold my laundry (a ridiculous claim) I told her ok and just took someone else (and she's much better then the first anyway so I'm glad I did)

Tablepoetry

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 1:49 am
amother wrote:
op here:
j she told me that I shouldnt spend so much time on my computer and that I should be folding laundry.

Wow. There's no way I would continue to employ a cleaning lady who told me what to do. The criticism implicit there is very disturbing (you aren't a good housewife, I will educate you).

I also pay cleaning ladies by hour. If one week they work less hours for whatever reason, they get paid less. You saw she left early, you should have recalulated her weekly wages.

I agree that three hours is really nothing (esp in a house that's not that tidy), but that's irrelevant. She gets paid for whatever she can do in that time. Personally, I clean up before the cleaning lady comes so she can work more efficiently - but I understand that in this case you didn't want deep cleaning, you wanted tidying.

I would say adieu.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry