Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Help! Shrinking clothes!

Miri7

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 12:12 pm
I desperately need some help figuring out the mystery of the skrinking pants that has plagued my house for about a year now. My DH's khaki pants are shrinking and I cannot figure out why. It seems that only his clothes shrink (not mine or our children's) and I am truly baffled. His pants are 100% cotton and they are shrinking in the legnth, not the waist. Pants bought new about a year ago have shrunk at least an inch in legnth. I wash them in cold water and hang them to dry rather than put them in the dryer. He has not gained weight or had any other changes in size that would account for his pants fitting differently.

I have checked to make sure that the "cold" setting on the washer is actually cold and not hot water, but I can't think of anything else to do. I've asked my mother and MIL and they don't have any ideas, either. Any ideas why the pants may be shrinking and what I could do to stop it?

Thank you!
Chag kasher v'sameach to you all,
Claire

shanie5

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 6:43 pm
has he built up any muscle-that could account for it too. (when only my clothing "shrinks" its because I am in denial about weight gain 8) )

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 6:45 pm
If it's only these pants, I would think it's the quality. I have these t-shirts for my kids that the size 8 fits my 3 yr old now. The quality is very lousy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry