Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Raziel

amother

Post Fri, Apr 01 2011, 11:01 am
Raziel is the name of an angel meaning G-d is my secret. In hebrew it is resh-zayin-yud-aleph-lamed. Have you ever heard of anyone with this name? What do you think?

yaakovsmom

Post Fri, Apr 01 2011, 12:35 pm
I really like it whe I hear it said aloud, but whenever I see it written, I automatically read "Raizel" and think it's a girl. I'm not sure if that would bother me if it were my son's name, but it might.

1Life2Live

Post Fri, Apr 01 2011, 12:41 pm
never heard of this name. when I clicked on the link to open the thread I thought you were asking about the name Raizel, which I like.

CatLady

Post Fri, Apr 01 2011, 2:41 pm
I've seen the name once before, but in English they spelled it "Razielle", which made it less likely to be confused with "Raizel".

shevi82

Post Sat, Apr 02 2011, 2:29 pm
I know someone with the name Raziel I think it's very unique name.
People carry around with them a small book called "Raziel Hamalach" it's supposed to be for Shmira.

Tamiri

Post Sat, Apr 02 2011, 2:38 pm
Nice name for a boy. When I saw it in English, I thought Raziel and not Raizel. In Hebrew it's even harder to get mixed up.

Tablepoetry

Post Sat, Apr 02 2011, 2:48 pm
CatLady wrote:
I've seen the name once before, but in English they spelled it "Razielle", which made it less likely to be confused with "Raizel".

I wouldn't spell it Razielle, because the 'elle' ending makes it seem feminine/ a girl's name. I assume the op wants it for a boy.
I've come across it in Israel. I like it. It has a nice sound and meaning, and it's not too common, while not being strange or rare either.

Isramom8

Post Sat, Apr 02 2011, 5:37 pm
I know an Israeli man or two called Raz.

Tablepoetry

Post Sat, Apr 02 2011, 5:48 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
I know an Israeli man or two called Raz.

Oh, I know lots of 'Raz' 's - including several girls. But that's a different name.

rowo

Post Sat, Apr 02 2011, 7:49 pm
I know a little girl called raziel, she's known as razi.
I think it sounds cute, and the meaning is beautiful

buzz

Post Sat, Apr 02 2011, 8:01 pm
I would suggest maybe give two names so he would always have a choice! I haven't ever heard that name being used for a boy, only girls.

kitchen designer

Post Sat, Apr 02 2011, 11:01 pm
I have a cousin (boy) with that name.

Miri1

Post Sat, Apr 02 2011, 11:31 pm
CatLady wrote:

Names ending with "-elle" sound like girls' names. As far as I'm aware, Raziel is a boys' name.
I like the name - there's got to be a way of avoiding the 'Raizel' confusion.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 1:59 pm
So we named our baby boy Ezra Raziel. Smile Some people did confuse it with Raizel at first though, and wondered why we gave our son a girl's name. It is definitely a boy's name in Hebrew, like Uriel, Ezriel, Ariel, etc. I would assume the feminine form would be Raziela...

Shuly

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 6:15 am
I know a man named Raziel and people always read it as Raizel.
How about spelling it another way?
Rahziel?
Ruziel?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names