Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
White soap scum on laundry

MorahGee

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 6:47 pm
when I take the clothing out of my washing machine theres like white soap scum on it- we see it mostly on my husbands black pants and my black clothing that I hang to dry. I changed detergents thinking that was the issue but its still there. where does this come from? do I need a new washing machine?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 10:04 pm
What do you mean by scum?
If you are using powder detergent and see residue of it on your clothes when they come out, that means that the detergent is not being dissolved properly. Fix this issue by pouring detergent into the machine first, then allow the water to fill up and dissolve the detergent well before adding the clothes.
If you are using liquid detergent and are seeing little bubbly residue on your clean clothing, that means that you are using too much detergent at a time.

pinkbubbles

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 1:00 am
I only had this happen to my clothes in Israel when they air dried.
Try using less detergent or maybe using vinegar instead of/with your fabric softener. I'm not sure but I think that may help.

MorahGee

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 9:42 am
I use liquid detergent. it only happens to the clothes I airdry. y would that be? everything in my dryer comes out totally fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry