Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Hysterical video for Pesach! Who is this woman??
Previous  1  2  3

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 7:02 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
Depressed wrote:
Isramom8 wrote:
If she is just being cute, fine.
If she intends that everything the "rebbetzin" says is actually ludicrous, not fine, because the "rebbetzin", although a caricature, has some valid basic points.

I think she is holding up a mirror.. These rebbitzens can have all the valid points in the world, once you get in front of a class and act like a buffoon and turn off girls all your points go down the drain...

I speak to at-risk girls all the time so I know what Im talking about...

Who says the rebbetzins like this are acting like buffoons, or acting at all? A problem with today's seminary girls (and I have worked with many) is that they look at the outside, at how a teacher looks and talks, rather than the inside, I.e. the content of her words and thoughts. A teacher like RLZ may be eccentric but sincere. You can choose to view her weirdness as endearing.

I agree that this Danielle should not be picked apart. I guess if you go on YouTube you kind of put yourself at that risk.

It's not a problem with today's seminary girls. It's a problem with today's society at large, including many rebbitzens who only look at a girl's tznius - her outside - rather than what's on the inside, I. e. her middos, her deeds... When the girls are raised this way all through their formal schooling, they learn to have that outlook, and therefore the outside it of supreme importance.

shnitzel

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 9:47 pm
BusyBeeMommy wrote:
Isramom8 wrote:
Depressed wrote:
Isramom8 wrote:
If she is just being cute, fine.
If she intends that everything the "rebbetzin" says is actually ludicrous, not fine, because the "rebbetzin", although a caricature, has some valid basic points.

I think she is holding up a mirror.. These rebbitzens can have all the valid points in the world, once you get in front of a class and act like a buffoon and turn off girls all your points go down the drain...

I speak to at-risk girls all the time so I know what Im talking about...

Who says the rebbetzins like this are acting like buffoons, or acting at all? A problem with today's seminary girls (and I have worked with many) is that they look at the outside, at how a teacher looks and talks, rather than the inside, I.e. the content of her words and thoughts. A teacher like RLZ may be eccentric but sincere. You can choose to view her weirdness as endearing.

I agree that this Danielle should not be picked apart. I guess if you go on YouTube you kind of put yourself at that risk.

It's not a problem with today's seminary girls. It's a problem with today's society at large, including many rebbitzens who only look at a girl's tznius - her outside - rather than what's on the inside, I. e. her middos, her deeds... When the girls are raised this way all through their formal schooling, they learn to have that outlook, and therefore the outside it of supreme importance.

When we go out an educate we have to keep first impressions in mind. How we present ourselves and how we say things holds so much weight in getting kids to listen to what we have to say.

I found the video hilarious. She captured a caricature perfectly and I have utmost respect for my BY teachers but I do still laugh about my BY days. They made me who I am today but there are definitely some parts that were definitely funny, certainly a lot funnier than MO schools seems, they tend to have a lot more character.

Stayci

Post Mon, Apr 18 2011, 1:35 am
Seraph wrote:
Oh my. She used to go to machon?

Now it all hit me. I know exactly who she is imitating! That rebetzin was my sem teacher, and Danielle got her down to a T- from the high pitched voice to the nuances to the mild stuttering. OMG, I'm cracking up so much now that I figured it all out!

For the record- I loved the rebbetzin she's imitating.

Are you referring to a certain sem. Rebbetzin in Har Nof Zerach Barnett? WITHOUT A DOUBT this is her. to the T!!!! or else some random coincidence..

Seraph

Post Mon, Apr 18 2011, 1:42 am
Stayci wrote:
Seraph wrote:

Now it all hit me. I know exactly who she is imitating! That rebetzin was my sem teacher, and Danielle got her down to a T- from the high pitched voice to the nuances to the mild stuttering. OMG, I'm cracking up so much now that I figured it all out!

Are you referring to a certain sem. Rebbetzin in Har Nof Zerach Barnett? WITHOUT A DOUBT this is her. to the T!!!! or else some random coincidence..
No, the rebetzin I'm talking about is from NY and teaches at Machon.

Stayci

Post Mon, Apr 18 2011, 1:59 am
Seraph wrote:
Stayci wrote:
Seraph wrote:

No, the rebetzin I'm talking about is from NY and teaches at Machon.

Hmm. Now I am really wondering.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Apr 18 2011, 10:56 am
This is a mash-up of a few different rebbetzins- she is NOT mimicking one specifically. Heard from the source Wink

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Apr 18 2011, 11:12 am
So funny how everyone is sure it's a rebbetzin from their experience. For the life of me, I cannot figure out who it would be in Bnos Chava, but that's moot. It's obviously a caricature based on several things culled together.

I don't like this gossip about her, but I will admit now I understand some nuances I thought were off (like calling her fictional husband by his name to a general audience in this video).

She's extremely talented.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Apr 18 2011, 11:45 am
She talks so much like a certain european rebbetzin in Israel... Except for the all black this is totally her
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics